northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
January 11-12 Storm Obs/Discussion

clskinsfan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

closing back in on mod snow here.. flakes look smaller from inside, should be cooling further above etc. band not terribly intense.. tho part is the beam i guess.. in this area hopefully it lingers a bit. we should top 1" at least.

Probably about an inch and a quarter here now. Much smaller flakes now. 3 inches seems reachable so you won't be fired from CWG for being too bullish yet. :)

ha.. their actual map which was less so might do pretty well tho i think there was a back off today.. not sure, actually had some work to do. :(

closing back in on mod snow here.. flakes look smaller from inside, should be cooling further above etc. band not terribly intense.. tho part is the beam i guess.. in this area hopefully it lingers a bit. we should top 1" at least.

Pretty nice flakes out now..medium sized. Streets covered up here in col heights

Dime sized flakes mixing in with the lighter snow. Look like I am finally up to a quarter inch of snow on paved surfaces and just enough snow in between clumps of grass to make the lawn look sorta white. If I can manage to eke out a half inch - I'll have 4 inches on the season. Yeah. I realize that's lame.

Good luck with the wider bands in DCA and Maryland - Some of you in MD will top out at 4-6 inches tonight with no prob.

Archived