northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
January 11-12 Storm Obs/Discussion

clskinsfan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surface low down to 1011 mb. Center still of NC coast. Finally stronger than OHIO - PA. Bombing out in progress.

I appreciate your storm tracking passion but If we ever get another storm like this your head will explode. http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~gadomski/NARR/2003/us0217.php

The surcae low is not a point it is a blob that is constantly morphing and reforming. This is epecially true when the pressure is above 1000MB. Obs off the Carolina coast are way to sparse to pinpoint the surface low right now. There are also Gravity waves that can fake stations out in the short run going on right now.

thats means we squeezed into the .10 to .25 color

We always get into it Ji it's probably more than an inch but I am a conservative eyeballer....I said a few days ago our totals won't be that different from the top number and I would bet that may still be with the exception of up near phin and I'm sure fozz and snow36 will measure 4-6"

I appreciate your storm tracking passion but If we ever get another storm like this your head will explode. http://www.meteo.psu...2003/us0217.php

The surcae low is not a point it is a blob that is constantly morphing and reforming. This is epecially true when the pressure is above 1000MB. Obs off the Carolina coast are way to sparse to pinpoint the surface low right now. There are also Gravity waves that can fake stations out in the short run going on right now.

I guess I get what you're saying although I'm not sure why you're saying because it's common knowledge. I'm just tracking the obs/pressure falls and trying to pinpoint the location because its fun to see and follow. :guitar:

Archived