gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
The day has come, January 11-12 Snowstorm

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, looks like BOX give you a little bit more but seems reasonable to me. GYX gives me 8-12" and that's what I was thinking too.

I am still holding out some hope for things to get NAM juicy or better up here, but that's probably wishful thinking. This is a hard call with the sharp drop in qpf heading north I think, small change could mean much more.. At least it seems like 6"+ is pretty much locked.

judging by history of the past 3-4 years, we will either get 8" or 11". nothing in between lol

All I am saying is both camps have credibility , the MM5 fits my thinking , pretty locked in now

Got it I agree. Just cannot discount anything at this stage and like you said even when we have a final solution tonight with the 0z, there will be wobbles as the whole thing gets rolling, banding etc.

With the UK/GFS east and the NAM/RGEM west...knowing the easties have tooled the NAM at 500 24-48 hours out...and that the euro has schooled them all....whatever it says is the only logical way to roll until trends become more apparent at 18z/0z.

This is a role reversal for me on the EC - it still gives me a lot of rain. But it's hard to argue the 500.

Archived