Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
The day has come, January 11-12 Snowstorm

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on that I'll **** the ruc till the cows come home

When most people get excited about the weather they smile, are in a good mood etc, for some reason you want to hump things.

It's way out of its range right now, but we shall see in the next few hours. Before people go apeshi( watching it please keep in mind it seems to wander on the mid runs, correcting a little at the 21/3/6/9 runs and usually correcting big on the main runs. So it will wander around 12+ and look like it's trending for a few hours before it starts over again.

I say this because it has ever so slightly ticked ESE at the end of the run....

When most people get excited about the weather they smile, are in a good mood etc, for some reason you want to hump things.

It's way out of its range right now, but we shall see in the next few hours. Before people go apeshi( watching it please keep in mind it seems to wander on the mid runs, correcting a little at the 21/3/6/9 runs and usually correcting big on the main runs. So it will wander around 12+ and look like it's trending for a few hours before it starts over again.

Snow is sex

used to be a foot of snow to close schools now you sneeze snow and they close and the buses have drop chains on :whistle:

I bet none of the kids want to do anything in school today :lol:

I remember being in school and on a day before a storm nobody would feel like doing anything...everyone was too excited.

ROLMFAO :lol:

Based on that I'll **** the ruc till the cows come home

Oh and here's another RUC moment for you.

The RUC would have heights associated with the leading edge higher than even the 12z NAM. It seems the NAM did a decent job along the front edge but overall which is good for it, but seems to have been a little off on the structure of the entire thing. It's still 30 minutes pre so I may be mis-eyeballing it, just my thoughts.

The RUC would say neither model had heights right near the eastern Lakes, GFS handled the structure of the s/w better. Really kind of a draw which is what we'd expect with a compromise probably coming (on the ruc i mean)

just steppin back in for first time in about 14 hours.....have accums changed much for 495 belt......downward or ......up a bit?

looking at radar i'm not impressed at all with the moisture off of the mid atlantic....region seems most of it went OTS in the wee hours this morning on a quick weather radar but this might have been part of the game anyway.

Archived