joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The day has come, January 11-12 Snowstorm

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

philly / nyc threads going into panic mode over 12z euro....

fmartin says euro caved toward euro...however this maybe more qpf amounts for them

is the following accurate for qpf? seems high for bos? per a poster about the euro

PHL only .25

NYC about .50

Boston 2.00 inches

I dunno about 2" for BOS...I think that is too much...it looks more like 1.6 or 1.7" or so to me. They definitely get absolutely hammered though. Its still a fantastic run for anyone east of the CT Valley....its west of there where this makes a difference.

philly / nyc threads going into panic mode over 12z euro....

fmartin says euro caved toward euro...however this maybe more qpf amounts for them

is the following accurate for qpf? seems high for bos? per a poster about the euro

PHL only .25

NYC about .50

Boston 2.00 inches

If you just posted inaccurate info I am going to sue you for rehabilitation costs for the stroke I just had.

i would definitely go w/10-15" for metro Boston at this point, not really sold at all on anything over 18" though. I think the NAM is too amped up plus considering the fact that EC of 24 h ago has verified better than the NAM. I just think the max QPF will be NW of where the GFS has it over SE Mass.

Gibbs..post your answer key you just sent me...:snowman:

i think a blend of 15z sref+euro+meso modeling will be answer key this afternoon. still supports widespread 10-20 with locally 24 possible. All we are really figuring out is exactly when and where the mid level circ closes off over the coastal in order to create the anomalous U wind jet and setup deformation band. Sooner it does it, more western track, and more moisture on anomalous -U wind throws heavier precip farther west..later...its a bit east. All just details at this point for exactly where the centroid of max snow is. I still always shade northwest of 700mb low track as my best area, which is typically also northwest of qpf max in model world.

Archived