Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
The day has come, January 11-12 Snowstorm

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must have missed it. Whats his jp area?

Well the areas that I thought would be good for sne, were near Ray through ORH and down to maybe HVN, perhaps another area out by the Berks. This was before the 12z runs, but if anything..there might be some CF stuff going on along the I-95 area.

I am just mildly concerned that the MM5 map has that bulge of much lower qpf that essentially stretches from the Monadnocks down through N. ORH Co. and out towards GC. We saw that during the blizzard and it just kept expanding rather than shrinking. It's weird that it's placed E. of the Ct Riv Valley.

My hope is that the dynamics of this system are much different than the blizzard and that qpf hole is just an anomaly.

I think we'll be fine this time with regards to that, last time the ML low track really ended up favoring the areas to our SW...looks different this go around.

Also, where is GC?

I think we'll be fine this time with regards to that, last time the ML low track really ended up favoring the areas to our SW...looks different this go around.

Also, where is GC?

Eh' just short for Gods Country. I consider it to be the area from the E. Slope of the Berks out to the Ct River and maybe the hilltowns of the Quabbin.

Well that goes without saying. Im expecting the standard attlehole 10-16 while ginx up thru nw ri gets 18-24

I'm not sure there has been a time to almost expect thundersnow....but this might be it. Obviously not everyone will get it, but expecting fairly numerous reports of it.

Archived