Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
The day has come, January 11-12 Snowstorm

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BDL reported 3.3'' of snow Saturday night :lol:

I find that hard to believe considering when I woke up to go to work Sunday AM I didn't really have to shovel anything, there couldn't have been more than 1/2'' or 3/4'' of an inch...the next highest in the PNS was Manchester with 1.9''

BDL also reported 13'' of snow in the blizzard...we got 7.5'' here.

And 6.5 on Friday night

it uses the NAM for boundary conditions...that isn't that surprising. The WRF-NAM is in some respects the "MM6."

As do many of the other higher res models. It's like expecting a different ending to the same movie.

Bombogenesis, that tick slower you speak of is minor and inconsequential in the final scheme. One can easily make cases for either camp to be the final outcome but until Bombo starts its foolish to try to explain away either

But the trajectory change probably wasn't, nor was the delay.

I understand what you are saying but I'm asking you as a reasonable guy - the worst verifying model 24-48 is the NAM. Euro then GFS/UK have been very good recently. Isn't it a little foolish to just assume the NAM is right because it's a higher res model?

Look at the 24-36 hour recent 500mb verifications...the Euro looks like a carbon copy it was so accurate. The other two trailed noticeably with the GFS being better.

Anyway, I'm done with this until post 18z, all I'm saying is the Euro is probably still the way to go across the board.

BDL reported 3.3'' of snow Saturday night :lol:

I find that hard to believe considering when I woke up to go to work Sunday AM I didn't really have to shovel anything, there couldn't have been more than 1/2'' or 3/4'' of an inch...the next highest in the PNS was Manchester with 1.9''

BDL also reported 13'' of snow in the blizzard...we got 7.5'' here.

NO WAY! I work right down the road in Bloomfield and maybe 2" and thats being liberal. Also I saw that the CTDOT had 13" for mby...I only measured 11" from Fri night.

As do many of the other higher res models. It's like expecting a different ending to the same movie.

But the trajectory change probably wasn't, nor was the delay.

I understand what you are saying but I'm asking you as a reasonable guy - the worst verifying model 24-48 is the NAM. Euro then GFS/UK have been very good recently. Isn't it a little foolish to just assume the NAM is right because it's a higher res model?

Look at the 24-36 hour recent 500mb verifications...the Euro looks like a carbon copy it was so accurate. The other two trailed noticeably with the GFS being better.

Anyway, I'm done with this until post 18z, all I'm saying is the Euro is probably still the way to go across the board.

All I am saying is both camps have credibility , the MM5 fits my thinking , pretty locked in now

Archived