Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Weekend Rule? Saturday 2/17 - The Icon Storm

DDweatherman

3 minutes ago, RevWarReenactor said:

Is track THAT important? Seems like widespread coverage. Its not like the storm yesterday that turn SE NYs 12-18 inches into 1-2 inches. Such a small margin for error. 

If the high end is only 3-4” and we’ve seen last minute shifts of more than 200 miles, then yeah I’d say it does matter

I’m not saying cancel. I’m just not getting too invested until 24-48 hours

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Weekend snow is the best. No stress.

I’m starting to prefer that. When we lose school days, the kiddo stays home and the only time she’s in a happy mood is when we’re playing outside in the snow. But if we’re not outside, it’s tantrum galore. Rather send her to preschool and keep the snow on weekends when she’s home anyway. 

That’ll change when she hits kindergarten or first grade, but for now… yeah. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

I’m starting to prefer that. When we lose school days, the kiddo stays home and the only time she’s in a happy mood is when we’re playing outside in the snow. But if we’re not outside, it’s tantrum galore. Rather send her to preschool and keep the snow on weekends when she’s home anyway. 

I hope your kid is out of school for the entirety of a week and you’re stuck playing outside every day while a cold, hostile wind blows drifts into your driveway and you can’t escape for days. I hope there are abandoned cars in your neighborhood and the main thoroughfare looks like a third world country with no snowplows.  

• Haha 25

14 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

She's probably just angry you call her "kiddo"

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I hope your kid is out of school for the entirety of a week and you’re stuck playing outside every day while a cold, hostile wind blows drifts into your driveway and you can’t escape for days. I hope there are abandoned cars in your neighborhood and the main thoroughfare look like a third world country with no snowplows.  

:wub: there's OG Randy

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

Just invite a dozen of her preschool friends over to your house. Then she'll be happy and you can have a quiet, relaxing day. Win-win.

(sarc tag, eh...)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I hope your kid is out of school for the entirety of a week and you’re stuck playing outside every day while a cold, hostile wind blows drifts into your driveway and you can’t escape for days. I hope there are abandoned cars in your neighborhood and the main thoroughfare look like a third world country with no snowplows.  

And you have to start burning furniture for warmth. You have to eat the hamster because you run out of food and can’t get to the stores, which are also out of food. You begin training your daughter in snowshoe making. 

• Haha 10