Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13 Significant/Major Winter Storm Discussion & Observations

Northof78

6 minutes ago, Boston Bulldog said:

Coming down at a decent clip here in the UES, streets slushy, avenues wet. I am a bit concerned about Manhattan getting stuck in between the deformation band over NNJ and the WCB goods pushing into Long Island. Mesoscale analysis does have me optimistic that subsidence shouldn't be too much of a problem however, as it really isn't consolidated over a pivoting band to our northwest.

7fnt.gif.8192466ab75c5cfa71c63be166fe1af6.gif

Right on cue some bands are infilling just over the Hudson in Jersey, so at this hour there doesn't appear to be a deformation mega band to the west that will have the city dealing with bright clouds and exhaust. There will be consolidation at some point with these bands as the fronto gets cranking, still question of where this will happen who will get the pivot point.

Im still at heavy snow in rockland, radar returns would have led me to believe i was going to deal with that sinking air between the bands. radar definitely not doing justice to the ground truth right now.

• Like 2

Rates have been pretty meh so far in Holtsville, picking up a bit now, but I think it'll be a struggle to get anything over 4-5" with how fast the storm will depart.

Still, a snow day and the most snow in years, cheers guys! We got one! Haha

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Puking….

We rip 

It's pretty slow going out there. Just got back. Traffic is moving ok but you aren't going anywhere fast. Lots of plows and salters out on rte 1. Side streets are a mess. Good day to stay home. I was the only maniac walking the mall just me and the homeless and the maintenance crews. 

• Like 2

Finally have moderate to heavy snow down here, temps at 32 the past 45 min or so. Sticking nicely and starting to pile up. Good returns nearby, should make up some ground the next couple hours. I’ll be very pumped for a few inches here with this. (Not at work up north today, been off since last week - home for this). 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

City will most likely end up with a general 3-6 inches. The heavier rates are missing to the east.

there is deformation banding to the west of the city that has to pivot through. enjoy the snow and stop panicking over minor nuances. look what happened to our NW, obviously the deformation zone has good rates too. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

That looks like a big swath of CNJ isn't doing much. Trenton to Woodbridge. As usual and its what I'm observing. That looks like Monmouth is doing well. Reports from the area?

I'm in hazlet northern Monmouth. Got about 4" an it's snowing hard for the last hr 

• Like 2