• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I care more about the events as I get older. If I got 40” and it melted the day after fine by me. It’s the rates and big events as I get older…..like what you guys had today. 

That's how I feel.  The anticipation- and the event- is what matters to me.  If it all went away tomorrow, I couldn't care less. It would be great to have a Friday storm every week, and have it the hell melted by Monday.  That's just me. 

37 minutes ago, AstronomyEnjoyer said:

If you're a snow weenie and Truckee is your desire, find a house a little further west in Soda Springs. Considerably more snowfall than Truckee.

Ya totally…..Soda Springs up at higher elevation just west of Donner summit…..tons of snow but I’d like to be in a spot with civilization too…..Truckee gets good snow and has what you need…..

• Like 1

Well, 6” will do it. Absolute cement for the first 4, too 2 weren’t to bad. Got to use my snowblower I bought in Dec 2020 For only the 3rd time. Chewed right through this stuff like a champ.

Anyways, on some dumpier news, my wife and I are separating, so no idea how much longer I’ll be in this house/area.

Enjoyed this event even with all of its flaws

• Sad 18

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Well, 6” will do it. Absolute cement for the first 4, too 2 weren’t to bad. Got to use my snowblower I bought in Dec 2020 For only the 3rd time. Chewed right through this stuff like a champ.

Anyways, on some dumpier news, my wife and I are separating, so no idea how much longer I’ll be in this house/area.

Enjoyed this one even with all of its flaws

Yikes

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Enjoyed this event even with all of its flaws

Sorry about you and your wife separating, Brett.  Hang in there.

• Like 2

Woke up early today (2:00am), so @ around 4:00 I decided to drive into work via an hour at the gym.  As expected, it only took a few miles to hit nice snow depths vs my paltry 2-3.  All along route 44, all the way to Manchester I went through waves of 9"-12" and more.  The route has limbs overhanging the entire width of the road so I was getting pelted with puffs of snow, and in some cases there was enough tree limb snow where the road could have used a plow. 

This was a nice, weenie fantasy snow ride for sure. I seemed to be the only one on the road, and the snow looked awesome reflecting off of the headlights. 

Before anyone hits me with it, I'll do it myself...:weenie:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Woke up early today (2:00am), so @ around 4:00 I decided to drive into work via an hour at the gym.  As expected, it only took a few miles to hit nice snow depths vs my paltry 2-3.  All along route 44, all the way to Manchester I went through waves of 9"-12" and more.  The route has limbs overhanging the entire width of the road so I was getting pelted with puffs of snow, and in some cases there was enough tree limb snow where the road could have used a plow. 

This was a nice, weenie fantasy snow ride for sure. I seemed to be the only one on the road, and the snow looked awesome reflecting off of the headlights. 

Shocked you only got that much, me being in the valley wondering if I was the same? Won’t know until Sat to see what is left

1 hour ago, Cold Miser said:

Great description.  Took a ride up 6 thru Foster down 101 thru east Killingly. Just epic look

• Like 1

19 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

First pass ill update tomorrow as i get more reports and cocorahs

02.13.24_jdj_v3_ct_snowfall_totals.jpg

Here's the update i promised yesterday. A TON of reports for this one, wow. I even but a little hole over Dayville, Alexander lake i believe it is? Thats the only big lake around there for @Cold Miser

Ill be working on a SNE map today as well and then an updated season to date map for CT and SNE. Dont forget to update the New England Snow page

02.14.24_jdj_v3_ct_snowfall_totals_update.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Bluebird sky out there this morning…with strong CAA at least it looks and feels like winter out there today. 

IMG_0292.jpeg

Great winter look and feel today, the winds been blowing the snow around, most of the top layers are powder and the stuff in trees is getting blown off. Not many more of these to go, have to savor these days.

33 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Here's the update i promised yesterday. A TON of reports for this one, wow. I even but a little hole over Dayville, Alexander lake i believe it is? Thats the only big lake around there for @Cold Miser

Ill be working on a SNE map today as well and then an updated season to date map for CT and SNE. Dont forget to update the New England Snow page

02.14.24_jdj_v3_ct_snowfall_totals_update.jpg

Great map as always but that 3.1" is definitely a bit low over my hood in Enfield.  I had 5.75"

54 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

It's midday on Wednesday.  I was just looking at the vis. sattelite and noticed something.  I enhanced the image but there is a NE to SW line of heavier snow in Eastern Mass.  Kind of the reverse of Ocean Effect snow.  Perhaps the slightly warmer ocean water warmed up parts of Eastern Mass just enough to keep accumulations lower?  It does not appear to be related to the storm track.  Thoughts?

snow.jpg

• Like 1