• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

IDK but don't we always say the best banding sets up north and west of where the h7 fronto?  I feel so blessed to be the jackpot of that map.......best band since Feb 2013......though didn't last as long.......
Yup, that's a typical occurrence, I was just more surprised at the lack of even hints at that enhanced banding, if not in magnitude or exact location. This was definitely a storm for old school meteorology vs. guidance consensus type forecasting.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Drove down to Ashland center a while ago and they literally had like 1.5” of compacted glop. Less than half of what I had a couple miles away and 200+ feet higher. 

Hopefully Sherborn is similar. Heading back from Florida in the morning and don't feel like dealing with it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Oof, this snow has some heft to it. I’ve cleared my driveway into a single pile, then plan to saturate it with the garden hose as we drop toward freezing. Gotta protect the pack!

Put a tarp over it. Protect the pack. It’ll be another 2-4 years before you see another event of this size again. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

@The 4 Seasons

This was taken at around 2:00, after the brunt of the snow was finished.  5+ inches reduced to a few inches of wet, nasty slop.  Utterly useless, and terrible.  Winter sucks.  My spot is like living in the mid-Atlantic.  Besides some random Connecticut island in the Long Island sound this area is the worst snow spot in the state, and probably all of new England. 

20240213_140526.jpg

• Haha 3

Just removed about 3.5” of Hungry Jack from the driveway, thankfully the electric snow blower could handle it. Would love to know the ratios on this stuff considering it was snowing moderately to heavy for most of the storm. Probably 4-1 or 5-1 type stuff.  This was probably about 5” of snow at one point. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

@The 4 Seasons

This was taken at around 2:00, after the brunt of the snow was finished.  5+ inches reduced to a few inches of wet, nasty slop.  Utterly useless, and terrible.  Winter sucks.  My spot is like living in the mid-Atlantic.  Besides some random Connecticut island in the Long Island sound this area is the worst snow spot in the state, and probably all of new England. 

20240213_140526.jpg

Looking across the lake it looks like full and deeper snowcover . Is it just the dock area that melted ? How about up by your house? 

16 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

@The 4 Seasons

20240213_140526.jpg

Move out of that swamp Garth. WTF? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Working on a little (well shouldn't say little it will be a bit long) blog post doing a bit of a recap. Won't finish tonight because the Bruins are on in 30 min. Probably won't be able to finish tomorrow because doing Valentine's Day dinner after work. Maybe I can finish Thursday after work before the Bruins game.

31 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

What Steve said.  It's depressing, but it's just snow.

Ya it’s just snow, but if you are a snow lover, then it sucks ass.  I mean if you didn’t like snow like most folks, then it wouldn’t matter, and then you wouldn’t be on here showing us your pathetic snow cover.  Get out of there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

You said SINCE Feb 13. I'm not talking about that storm. 

Ya today was best since Feb 13.....2017 here wasn't memorable....but whatever....its fine - great day......too bad thats it for winter and its sping in a couple weeks.....can never catch a break and get December and January to behave

very anxiety ridden ride to my buddies place in Waterbury this afternoon, totally forgot how bad and congested streets get in the city after a sizable storm, roads were terrible at like 4 in the afternoon... anyway big difference once I got to about harwinton going down 8 and Waterbury looks like about a foot if not a little more, also over in Enfield earlier running a test and about 3-4 at least where I was in broadbrook near the Somers line, nice stripe across the 84 corridor+/- 15 miles or so from that band

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

Ya today was best since Feb 13.....2017 here wasn't memorable....but whatever....its fine - great day......too bad thats it for winter and its sping in a couple weeks.....can never catch a break and get December and January to behave

There’s gonna be more chances coming up…pattern looks pretty nice/conducive for more potential winter action. Let’s hope we can cash in. Maybe this changed our ju-ju?   Winter in SNE isn’t over on Feb 13th 99.99% of the time. 

about 3 here in Agawam about 2 miles from the CT border.. can see the difference while driving from Westfield.. wish this storm was a little further north but glad people got hit that haven't seen much!! good week to be cat sitting for my mom.. doesn't look like we had much at home

• Like 1

Snow has become crunchy under foot as temp is down to 27. 

Somewhat frustrating storm here as we missed the real goods by maybe 25-30 miles but can’t complain too much considering further northeast got totally hosed…and it was good to see the snow drought areas in CT get slammed. They were due for one. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Put a tarp over it. Protect the pack. It’ll be another 2-4 years before you see another event of this size again. 

This is going to sound pathetic, but I have 2 seasons where I did put the tarp on a huge pile of snow from roof shoveling when I lived the next town over.  I was able to hold on to it until mid April.  If I can find the pics I will post them.  It was after some big snow winters a few years back.  Sad indeed.

30 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya it’s just snow, but if you are a snow lover, then it sucks ass.  I mean if you didn’t like snow like most folks, then it wouldn’t matter, and then you wouldn’t be on here showing us your pathetic snow cover.  Get out of there. 

Yup. Complete snow lover hence the screen name (and my comment to NorEastermass above), but my relationship means much more, so until I retire and convince her to move the Adirondacks for the winter this is it. 

28 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

about 3 here in Agawam about 2 miles from the CT border.. can see the difference while driving from Westfield.. wish this storm was a little further north but glad people got hit that haven't seen much!! good week to be cat sitting for my mom.. doesn't look like we had much at home

Wachusett had about an inch. Not sure a home. Prob similar. Or maybe less. 

• Like 1