• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

I dunno ...

I think this qualifies pretty clearly as a 'saved by the bell' event. 

Look, every storm is going to shirk some zones.  That's just the way it is.  I remember back to some whopper storms of lore that shadowed CT.  This time they fared better while the typical FIT Ma takes one for the team - so to speak.

It's life. 

I'm really vastly more fascinated by the the crazy very late/short range wholesale model failure.   It's actually encouraging in some respects, because that means there's still Dec 23 1997, or a Dec 9 2005 possible going the other way.  - although I do think there's a bit of a weird model cinema reliance for mood control thing that's evolved over the years, which ironically ... that's tantamount to using an uncontrollable vector as a mood management control - hence the :wacko2:.  That shouldn't be, but it is what it is.

• Like 2

0.5” ON THE GROUND OUTSIDE OF GRASS OR PLASTIC!!  0.5”!?  And You people have 6”-10”??  

F*** THIS STORM!  In the past 9 days I’ve had to deal with the Chiefs Winning, Mahomes winning a Historic Game WITH an OT coup to boot, Narcissistic Swift & Asshat Kelce taking over the God Dang World seeing unprecedented records and power, my industry has gone So Woke at the Grammys you can’t recognize it, Brandon doesn’t know he’s flipping Alive as President, and now ANOTHER Failed storm like the last 7 “big ones” in a Row here the past 2 years??  

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 2

2 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

0.5” ON THE GROUND OUTSIDE OF GRASS OR PLASTIC!!  0.5”!?  And You people have 6”-10”??  

F*** THIS STORM!  In the past 9 days I’ve had to deal with the Chiefs Winning, Mahomes winning a Historic Game WITH an OT coup to boot, Narcissistic Swift & Asshat Kelce taking over the God Dang World seeing unprecedented records and power, my industry has gone So Woke at the Grammys you can’t recognize it, Brandon doesn’t know he’s flipping Alive as President, and now ANOTHER Failed storm like the last 7 “big ones” in a Row here the past 2 years??  

IMG_6298.webp

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

This is a weather forum. Not interested in your politics. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Weenie 3

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Looks like about 3" of mashed potatoes....we haven't had the rates that CT has had though, so it is going to need to pick up if we're gonna salvage warning criteria.

Friend in Millis just sent photo of barely dusting due to putrid temps /lack of rates i assume 

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Friend in Millis just sent photo of barely dusting due to putrid temps /lack of rates i assume 

That's crazy they have less than inch. Millis is pretty low though...most of the town is like 100 feet ASL. My extra 250-300 feet is def helping some.

7 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

What a melt!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I dunno ...

I think this qualifies pretty clearly as a 'saved by the bell' event. 

Look, every storm is going to jade some zones.  That's just the way it is.  I remember back to some whopper storms of lore that shadowed CT.  This time they fared better while the typical FIT Ma takes one for the team - so to speak.

It's life. 

I'm really vastly more fascinated by the the crazy very late/short range wholesale model failure.   It's actually encouraging in some respects, because that means there's still Dec 23 1997, or a Dec 9 2005 possible going the other way.  - although I do think there's a bit of a weird model cinema reliance for mood control thing that's evolved over the years, which ironically ... that's tantamount to using an uncontrollable vector as a mood management control - hence the :wacko2:.  That shouldn't be, but it is what it is.

This storm deserves one helluva case study. Ultimately though, this storm is a prime clear-cut example of why snow maps are garbage but why analyzing "trends" in the snow maps is pure garbage. When it comes to modeled QPF, I feel like models have improved on this significantly over the past 10-15 years but this was probably a case too where analyzing QPF trends was probably not a great idea. 

Despite what the Euro was doing, the mid-level presentation argued for a crushing along and south/east of I84. I think dendrite mentioned it earlier, but models can often struggle with QPF under the banding signal. I honestly think all the clues were still there for a crushing. Even with the lower QPF, forecast soundings were still showing great lift into the DGZ. Saturation was not an issue so naturally lift into the DGZ was going to produce snow. 

I believe we are also in the entrance region of the ULJ. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

image.png.6ad3ff8757ad10647e5576decde24243.png

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

So, how's your week going? 

• Like 1