• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

43 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

We've had some weird cold shots in these recent Mays, people.  I've seen and/or heard of snow being reported across multiple Mays since the year 2000, waay vastly more often than I ever did growing up in the 1970s and 1980s.

That's not gaslight-able otherwise.

Yeah we’ve had a lot of May cold snaps (some with snow) that were breaking records while months like June/July can’t buy a cold record….well, maybe mid June onward. We had some nasty early June record low-maximum type days especially in the 2000-2015 range, not quite as much recently. 

Conversly, the October snow has been increased frequency since 2000. I’m not sure if these are just coincidence or something else because those months have warmed in the means, but those individual cold episodes on a sub-monthly level have increased in frequency. 

1 hour ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

anything would be better than this F- non winter..

I set my expectations very low for this winter and it somehow ended up even warmer and less snowy than I thought, despite me expecting well AN temps and around half of normal snowfall.

• Like 1

I am mentally done with winter. We still have a bit to go before we get into consistent warmth but it felt like this winter went by fast. Not complaining about that. I hate winter more each year and it's even worse given the recent snow drought. Higher terrain and northern New England certainly are going to have some snow threats well into April, no matter how many nice days/periods we get between now and then but for everyone else, it will take a hell of a miracle to get anything significant. Can't wait for our first few 70+ days. 

• Like 2