• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
At least it's something - Jan 16th Snow/Sleet/Ice OBS Thread

The 4 Seasons

The mesos nailed this one. They are very good (NAM especially) with dealing with mid level warmth, whenever globals show the mid level warmth staying mostly offshore and the NAM has it penetrating well inland, most of the time it means a lot of sleet and or ice is coming. I haven’t followed too much the past couple days, but I remember globals having this mostly snow while the NAM and RGEM had a lot of sleet and ice.

• Like 1

4.5" is my tentative total.  We have moderate pixie dust though... Kicked in when the rad said it all kick out.  Under the radar probably the warm layer being stranded and it's now cooling and there's some dust growth near the top of the boundary later.  But it's making windshields milky white with the consistency of chalk

20.5" on the season

24F

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

4.5" is my tentative total.  We have moderate pixie dust though... Kicked in when the rad said it all kick out.  Under the radar probably the warm layer being stranded and it's now cooling and there's some dust growth near the top of the boundary later.  But it's making windshields milky white with the consistency of chalk

20.5" on the season

24F

Yeah it’s been snowing like that clear back to NY state border in CT for about 90 minutes. Low visibility pixie dust that accumulates 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PWMan said:

We've been going back and forth between light/moderate snow and IP. Looking at radar, I can see a dry slot racing toward us. This feels like one of those events where you wait all day for it to really get cranking and it never quite does. I was hoping that we'd at least cover the grass completely.

Showery radar which i don't like, Dryslot nearby lifting north, 5" so far.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Showery radar which i don't like, Dryslot nearby lifting north, 5" so far.

Looks like we’re done here unless there’s some late backbuilding. And that rarely works out. Eyeballing about 3”.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

3.5” nice wintery appeal but a little underwhelming considering it snowed for 10 hours.  

Didn’t hit the 4”-6” BOX advertised, never really got into the good lift outside of the noon-2pm window. 

Just about exactly the same here in Boscawen

• Like 1