• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 15-16 Storm Thread 3: Obs and Disco

stormtracker

The temp outside is what I would call "snow cold".  This system goes to show that all we need is it to be cold enough.  This isn't even much of a precip producer...we get these at least once a week on average (literally).

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Where is the short pump jack?  C VA cut off is brutal on that 

Yeah I saw that. RIC went from the jack yesterday to zip today. We are basically going to luck out. The boundary set up perfectly for out subforum. NE of us gets some better rates with the coastal piece. But it is a fast mover up that way. 

• Like 2

9c35347554332da37c6c6961aa033a3f.jpg

Think I’ve got one of the better views you can have in DC when it comes to snow. Unfortunately I can’t get down to the field (shoutout Gonzaga) to use it to measure, and the courtyards in the complex aren’t fantastic either.

I’ll have to trust someone else to measure DC for me…. I’d guess no more than .5”

• Like 11
  • Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

O/U 4pm for first Tuesday school closing announcement 

You can parlay this by correctly guessing which county is first

Fairfax -110

Arlington -115

PG -125

Alexandria -130

Anne Arundel -140

Loudon -160

HoCo -160

MoCo -180

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

Woke up in Arlington VA this morning to a coating on the roads and sidewalks, about a half-inch on elevated surfaces, a bit more on the shrubs. Now with an hour-plus of sun angle, the road cleared off, sidewalks are clearing, elevated surfaces and shrubs lost some snow.

2 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Fairfax -110

Arlington -115

PG -125

Alexandria -130

Anne Arundel -140

Loudon -160

HoCo -160

MoCo -180

What a nightmare week for AA Co parents. Off today, off or virtual tomorrow, early dismissal wed and thur for end of marking period, and off Friday for end of marking period. 

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Fairfax -110

Arlington -115

PG -125

Alexandria -130

Anne Arundel -140

Loudon -160

HoCo -160

MoCo -180

MoCo will fold like a cheap tent, take the -180 and tease it down by moving the line to before 3p.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Think I’ve got one of the better views you can have in DC when it comes to snow. Unfortunately I can’t get down to the field (shoutout Gonzaga) to use it to measure, and the courtyards in the complex aren’t fantastic either.

I’ll have to trust someone else to measure DC for me…. I’d guess no more than .5”

Very cool

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Ha! That's my office building over there.  We once had a Gonzaga grad who had a window office on that end that could see his old school's team at practice

image.png.1fc2cc49ec9c3e9e0c8ef51c29e0c3fc.png

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, yoda said:

Both 12z NAM and the 12z 3km NAM bring mod snow back in by 17/18z looks like

This always looked like a 5pm  to 5pm event too me.  Flurries in Annapolis melting from sun rise it will start accumulating again around 5 today.  28 now in Annapolis