• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 6-7, 2024 Winter Storm Obs Thread

WxWatcher007

Might be pretty good for eastern areas that got a bit skunked last night..esp those areas like 5-10 miles west of water. With CF crashing across 128 now this CCB stuff can accumulate fairly efficiently. 

IMG_0039.gif

1 minute ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Bennington and Brattleboro prob have similar averages, but would much rather be in Brattleboro if I had the choice.

Yeah, they actually average 56" per year, a little less than I thought.  Surprising since Greenfield averages around 60"

3 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Bennington and Brattleboro prob have similar averages, but would much rather be in Brattleboro if I had the choice.

To me the different is the big storms.  Bennington seems to be left out more in the big ticket east flow events.  But they'll do fine from the west and the lighter events, lake effect streamers, etc.

8 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Apparently not CBS. The game isn’t being shown here. Looks like we are getting Jacksonville/Tennessee. 

FOX has the game today.

Pouring dendrites (1/3 S) and trying to accumulate on paved surfaces.  Still around 34* though.

41 minutes ago, ariof said:

Pretty impressive coastal front moving back and forth just around 128 based on the Wundermap weather stations. Moved through KBED around 0600 having steadily pushed in from the NH border near KFIT around 0000.

Here's Lexington, came through at 6, back out around 11, looks like it might be swinging back through. A couple miles east in Arlington it was only through for about 45 mins. East of there has been white rain with accumulation on grass/cars/well-insulated roofs until it pushes through.1451604502_Screenshot2024-01-07at11_36_38.png.c57b99d5db8297f7750a7f422f45c0b5.png

Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 11.38.07.png

Very nice illustration of your point. Thanks for showing. Where did you get the data, BTW?

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Might be pretty good for eastern areas that got a bit skunked last night..esp those areas like 5-10 miles west of water. With CF crashing across 128 now this CCB stuff can accumulate fairly efficiently. 

IMG_0039.gif

Finally in a decent band here and starting to accumulate again, see if we can get another 1”

14 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

To me the different is the big storms.  Bennington seems to be left out more in the big ticket east flow events.  But they'll do fine from the west and the lighter events, lake effect streamers, etc.

100%. DDH does get a decent amount of nickel and dime upslope/streamers to get to their average, but it's events like this that are killer. 

Ripping here. 

Will go measure at 1:00. 

I am not sure how accurate my measurement will be though. For the first time in many years I'm in an environment where I can measure accurately, just didn't prepare right. I'll measure off table outside and then within the yard. 

I had 4'' when I went to bed at 1 AM and I measured around 9 AM and had around 6''. I've had to pick up at least an inch or two since.