• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.

wdrag

9 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Both the 12z HRRR and 3k NAM have a widespread 1-3” today.

So much for the quick mover,this has staying power. I dunno if the disturbance now in western ohio dries up but that feature is of note for tonight, if it gives us some light precip or not is still tbd.

• Like 1

Still raining here...since yesterday evening. About 2.5 inches snow by the time it moved to sleet then rain last night. I was not going to break out the snowblower but it was quite wet and heavy by 9pm so I decided to make life easy.

Before the changeover, the snow was quite lovely. My son was visiting overnight so he took out the drone to film and take pics of the house with fresh snow and the Christmas lights.

Final (more or less as light snow still ongoing off and on) Snowfall = 6".  Depth at 8am = 5.5".

Will update melted total shortly.

Went to rain at 8:15 last evening with 3.8".    Went back to snow and at 3am was 6".    Settled and compacted to 5.5" at 8am obs. time.

Very heavy and wet snow pack.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BlizzLuv said:

Still raining here...since yesterday evening. About 2.5 inches snow by the time it moved to sleet then rain last night. I was not going to break out the snowblower but it was quite wet and heavy by 9pm so I decided to make life easy.

Before the changeover, the snow was quite lovely. My son was visiting overnight so he took out the drone to film and take pics of the house with fresh snow and the Christmas lights.

Take a ride up the hills a few miles to your west, snowing hard again.

• Like 1

Moderate snowfall here - might freshen up our huge snowpack, lol (we still have maybe 1/2"-1" of dense slush on the ground, as the rain didn't wash it all away). More seriously, though, can't see these snow showers amounting to anything of consequence with temps in the 35-37F range. Pretty to watch, though.

• wdrag changed the title to Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.
  • Rjay unpinned this topic