Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

3 hours ago, NotSureWeather said:

Imagine being so angry that you need to take it out on strangers in a weather forum. Should be grateful we get to even track something.

I'm saying that to myself, honestly a good dumping I thought would lighten the mood, or at least some sigs to track would, but honestly some people just need to bitch and complain about stuff and it won't stop, if we got a 3' KU region wide, ppl be bitching about a 384 hr warm up, it's incredible. it's NYE, things are active and some potential is there, we still have two honest winter months and another that can produce, let's take it down a notch with the cortisol...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tavwtby said:

I'm saying that to myself, honestly a good dumping I thought would lighten the mood, or at least some sigs to track would, but honestly some people just need to bitch and complain about stuff and it won't stop, if we got a 3' KU region wide, ppl be bitching about a 384 hr warm up, it's incredible. it's NYE, things are active and some potential is there, we still have two honest winter months and another that can produce, let's take it down a notch with the cortisol...

Shut up and stay away from my snow.

• Haha 7

FWIW, the BSR would support more of the 12z EPS look, rather than the GEFS. Not any sign of troublesome ridging in the east through JAN 20ish time frame. BSR has a correlation of general pattern 17-21 days later. The dates on the graphs are based on 19 days. So when looking & it says JAN 10th, you're talking about JAN 8-12 ish, so dates are not exact. 

Click on JAN 2024 icon & then at bottom of page the image shows. Top bar daily surface, bottom is daily 500:

http://joe.organicforecasting.com/BsrEar/Bsr/

Hello. I've been layin low for a while, recovering from the Rona, but i just wanted to post a graphic i recently did. This is the snowfall to date, through Jan 1st 2024, which for a lot of locations has been the lowest it's been in well over a decade or two. Somehow we are off to a worse start than 22-23, and even 14-15 and 15-16 in some cases. If there's any errors or typos lmk.

Another interesting stat is this total snowfall for calendar year 2023. This is kind of a weird statistic, and i don't know if it's even officially kept at all but the total snowfall for calendar year 2023 for select locations is as follows:

2023 BDR: 4.1"

2023 BDL: 17.1"

2023 NYC: 2.3"

2023 BOS: 11.6"

The pattern and snowfall opportunities are obviously looking up, i've been watching but i just wanted to post some stats going into the new year. Happy New Year!

(***The lowest since column is really lowest or equal to)

12_31.23_jdj_snowfall_thru_jan_1.thumb.jpg.9ea8fdad0752f363017f827a72e49e14.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, stadiumwave said:

FWIW, the BSR would support more of the 12z EPS look, rather than the GEFS. Not any sign of troublesome ridging in the east through JAN 20ish time frame. BSR has a correlation of general pattern 17-21 days later. The dates on the graphs are based on 19 days. So when looking & it says JAN 10th, you're talking about JAN 8-12 ish, so dates are not exact. 

Click on JAN 2024 icon & then at bottom of page the image shows. Top bar daily surface, bottom is daily 500:

http://joe.organicforecasting.com/BsrEar/Bsr/

The JAN 9 potential winter storm...the A.I products are closer to the 12z EURO & ironically the BSR correlation. BSR is not 1:1 correlation on systems always but can be close at times. Just noticed A.I. & 12z EPS much closer:

Screenshot_20231231-212200_Chrome.thumb.jpg.adc5054630b00e6311a9173457ec2ab2.jpg

Screenshot_20231231-212309_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d10819338265c3c35e3d1057bea2d6ab.jpg

9 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Hello. I've been layin low for a while, recovering from the Rona, but i just wanted to post a graphic i recently did. This is the snowfall to date, through Jan 1st 2024, which for a lot of locations has been the lowest it's been in well over a decade or two. Somehow we are off to a worse start than 22-23, and even 14-15 and 15-16 in some cases. If there's any errors or typos lmk.

Another interesting stat is this total snowfall for calendar year 2023. This is kind of a weird statistic, and i don't know if it's even officially kept at all but the total snowfall for calendar year 2023 for BDR and BDL is as follows:

2023 BDR: 4.1"

2023 BDL: 17.1"

2023 NYC: 2.3"

2023 BOS: 11.6"

The pattern and snowfall opportunities are obviously looking up, i've been watching but i just wanted to post some stats going into the new year. Happy New Year!

(***The lowest since column is really lowest or equal to)

12_31.23_jdj_snowfall_thru_jan_1.thumb.jpg.9ea8fdad0752f363017f827a72e49e14.jpg

Good to hear from you. Feel (fully) better soon and I hope you and your family had a happy holiday. 

• Thanks 1