• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday, December 17 - Monday, December 18, 2023 Storm

weatherwiz

The Carrabassett set a new #2 peak flow of 35.3k cfs on May 1.  When I checked the USGS website 15 minutes ago, the flow was 39k with no sign of the curve flexing.  I doubt it will reach the 50.7 of 1987 but . . .
The much slower Sandy was a bit over 20k.  On spring RA/snowmelt events, the Sandy usually has the greater flow, but on flash flood events, the 'Bassett "wins" - by 4k last May and more than double the flow of the Sandy from Irene.

Sad report from Windham - a man was clearing branches from his roof when a big part of a pine fell on him, fatally.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, tamarack said:

The Carrabassett set a new #2 peak flow of 35.3k cfs on May 1.  When I checked the USGS website 15 minutes ago, the flow was 39k with no sign of the curve flexing.  I doubt it will reach the 50.7 of 1987 but . . .
The much slower Sandy was a bit over 20k.  On spring RA/snowmelt events, the Sandy usually has the greater flow, but on flash flood events, the 'Bassett "wins" - by 4k last May and more than double the flow of the Sandy from Irene.

Sad report from Windham - a man was clearing branches from his roof when a big part of a pine fell on him, fatally.

Tom, I saw this earlier, The scanner is hopping and there looking for some others that were washed away in FFL.

10 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Tom, I saw this earlier, The scanner is hopping and there looking for some others that were washed away in FFL.

That 39k flow on the Carrabassett was an error.  20 minutes later the site showed 30.2k, though still rising.  Probably was 29k earlier.

Still gusting 30+ but the heavy RA may be done - unless something develops upstream.

10 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

I know this is totally off topic but a lot of us here are interested in earthquakes, volcanoes all things natural science etc.  The eruption that everyone in Iceland was worried about just happened. Huge lava fountains all caught live as it happened.   Okay back to weather....

This will probably derail the hoped for pattern change.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Yeah he’s lying through his teeth.

It’s been so many years since we’ve had true winter.. i honestly think some people are just kind of relegating to reality. I think he loves his snow like all of us.. but as we age we enjoy heat and humidity and storms and perhaps more importantly.. we all enjoy extreme weather events ( like today) and since winter is not winter like we knew it.. he’s probably about half serious 

and drunk 

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 1