Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Mid/Long Range Discussion

WxUSAF

5 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

18z GEFS looks good at 500mb, but it's a blistering torch across Canada at the surface unfortunately. 

Canada torches are supposed to happen in Ninos. If/when we get some drool worthy KU type scenario in January or February, Canada will be mostly AN.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Canada torches are supposed to happen in Ninos. If/when we get some drool worthy KU type scenario in January or February, Canada will be mostly AN.

Exactly. Its relative.

Also if it's super cold up there that can mean +AO and we are pretty much screwed regardless.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Nino vs Nina. That's the basic difference in the feel at this point. No guarantees ofc.

And we’re seeing those differences already. Juicy STJ and we’ve already seen models correct to more +PNA as we get closer in time. This isn’t last year folks.

IMG_7329.png

• Like 27

4 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Nice to see the good vibes. I'm off to enjoy more DFH beer. So many good ones.  Cant try em all. Well maybe.

Only people on this board will know how good a beer is going to taste sometime in the weeks ahead while we watch some sexy happy hour GFS run clobber us at short lead times. Gah I can’t wait…

• Like 18

2 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Yeah that was a whopping 1/2” here. 

We smoked so much cirrus out in Cross Junction I failed a drug test. We didn't get a single flake out there.  Remember driving into town the next morning and hit snow dusting at the Virginia Farm Market.  About 2 inches at our office in Kernstown.   Went over to my place in Front Royal that evening and there was over 4" on the ground.  Unreal.

5 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Only people on this board will know how good a beer is going to taste sometime in the weeks ahead while we watch some sexy happy hour GFS run clobber us at short lead times. Gah I can’t wait…

Don't forget to lay in a good supply of IPA's.....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

With that comment, the Scraff Beer Fridge Index just went straight up pants tent mode. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, midatlanticweather said:

DT had a good review of what looks amazing on the Euro going into Christmas and beyond! Pretty nice looking! Hope it comes true. 

I KNOW WE HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT IT! But some added support! :)

I’m speechless that he’s honking the Euro. Stunned

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Weather Will said:

WB latest 6Z GEFS still showing a nice look as we head into Christmas weekend....

IMG_2230.png

+PNA, check. -AO, check. Aleutian low, check. STJ action, check. 50/50 ridge? ....deferring to the experts on that feature. My amateur 500mb deciphering tells me that's a suppressed look but I'm probably wrong.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic