Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
December Mid/Long Range Discussion

WxUSAF

2 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Not sure he is complaining.  You trust the euro weeklies?  So long for this transition seems phantom.  But you are right Deb is a way to get through the muck

I’m always cautious but the weeklies fit the MJO and strat progression. And now we’re seeing the transition on the ensembles inside D15. We’re not going to flip to an epic pattern from Xmas through March, but I’m feeling pretty good right now about late month into the first 1-2 weeks of January at least. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I’m always cautious but the weeklies fit the MJO and strat progression. And now we’re seeing the transition on the ensembles inside D15. We’re not going to flip to an epic pattern from Xmas through March, but I’m feeling pretty good right now about late month into the first 1-2 weeks of January at least. 

Good enough for me.  I’ve always respected your optimism or lack of it.  We wait.  But the natives are restless.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The latest Euro Weeklies do indeed continue to be drool worthy.

The can has not & is not being kicked on the Euro Weeklies.

The good looking pattern begins Christmas week & continues through mid January.

IMG_3503.png

IMG_3504.png

IMG_3505.png

IMG_3506.png

I don’t recall a time when the Euro Weeklies were this consistent run after run.

They have produced the same good looking pattern beginning around December 20th on the Weeklies runs since at least around Thanksgiving.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Dude…I know being a Deb is a coping mechanism, but we’re seeing the transition to the drool worthy euro weekly pattern and you’re complaining about that?

It's a legitimate fear. We've seen these jet extensions persist longer than initially forecast and it leads to can kicking once we get close to D10 l, like 2018-2019.

• Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Good enough for me.  I’ve always respected your optimism or lack of it.  We wait.  But the natives are restless.  

I think if last year wasn’t the worst ever maybe people would have a little more patience. I still think we get on the board this month and maybe really rock the first half of January.

5 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

Honest question, but isn't the migration of the core of the low to the Aleutians what we want to see?  That seems like that is what it is doing.

Yes

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

Honest question, but isn't the migration of the core of the low to the Aleutians what we want to see?  That seems like that is what it is doing.

yea lol, its going to take some time to transition to a good pattern for here, it j isnt going to magically flip from warm to cold and snowy, not sure why some people were expecting it
image.png.246bca5760daa9fd28df8c2b947550ff.png

• Like 3

Winter is progressing the way the seasonal models have shown for a while now. Weeklies look great! Could they go to shit? Sure. We've seen that happen plenty of times but Id much rather have them showing a pretty epic January than a shit the blinds type of deal we've seen the last few years.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

It's a legitimate fear. We've seen these jet extensions persist longer than initially forecast and it leads to can kicking once we get close to D10 l, like 2018-2019.

An extended Pacific jet is associated with a +PNA. The specific N-S location also has an influence.

1703354400-Wb7NZ39SCHw.png

1703354400-4TQD2r8vcLo.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BristowWx said:

Not sure he is complaining.  You trust the euro weeklies?  So long for this transition seems phantom.  But you are right Deb is a way to get through the muck

It's a way to shit up this thread. There is another one specifically for that crap.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8

21 minutes ago, CAPE said:

It's a way to shit up this thread. There is another one specifically for that crap.

People gotta start being considerate of this thread and what it's here for...I mean seriously. Folks keep making it all about themselves and what they're feeling, not realizing what it's doing to the thread.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic