Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2023

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I still think it’s a little too far out to be called a grinch, but obviously if the grid is down through Christmas it’s a grinch lol.

How are things up your way?  Did you lose 100%?  Just some parking lot piles left around here in the valley. We got skunked last storm here at 284’ with a paltry 0.9”. 

2 minutes ago, das said:

How are things up your way?  Did you lose 100%?  Just some parking lot piles left around here in the valley. We got skunked last storm here at 284’ with a paltry 0.9”. 

Wrong guy. He lives in CT. I will say that we’ve lost everything at 1250’ in Barre Town. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, das said:

40 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Wrong guy. He lives in CT. I will say that we’ve lost everything at 1250’ in Barre Town. 

Yeah. @das it’s good to hear from you though! Long way from my time in DC. I’m good, just working all the time. I’m in CT now, where I only have two T’s on the season so far haha. Hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Crazy sw’s in a backed flow. Actually reorganizes and gets sne with long duration snows. Yo soy el nino flexing. 

yup, the anomalous ridge over central Canada forces confluence and leads to cold air crashing in. a rare setup, but it's viable if the GFS is correct with the amplitude. my bet is no, but it's worth watching for sure with an amped pattern like that 

better chances likely come afterwards

gfs-deterministic-namer-z500_anom-3743200.thumb.png.c487f80ef35d7d13f90e2c557e3fab3d.png

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

yup, the anomalous ridge over central Canada forces confluence and leads to cold air crashing in. a rare setup, but it's viable if the GFS is correct with the amplitude. my bet is no, but it's worth watching for sure with an amped pattern like that 

better chances likely come afterwards

gfs-deterministic-namer-z500_anom-3743200.thumb.png.c487f80ef35d7d13f90e2c557e3fab3d.png

Would love to see this. Pinwheeling around each other. 

image.thumb.png.d01887cba8a3e36d31e9f8b17bf244b6.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Might as well break the spell and end a shitty year with something fun and borderline anomalous. 

8 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah, it just kind of sits and rots, everyone gets in on the game by the end.

7 hours ago, mreaves said:

There have been so many anomalous events why not have one that we actually want?  Please Santa?

16 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Everyone is throwing darts like a blindfolded monkey right now...

12 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Looks like another good rain event for us 

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

And if / when that fails .. you can pull on this :weenie:

Good morning everyone. Rather than DIT’s explicit suggestion, perhaps, another suggestion……stay well and hopeful, as always …..

IMG_6983.png

IMG_6982.png

• Haha 4

Saw some mountain ops posts this am around New England that convey desperation , hope , and patience . 

Jay peak probably acted like they got a rogue shower and mounds of snow are imminent lol . Tim Kelly does a decent JB impression on his forecast there sometimes

Many are closed today which seems prudent 

They need a snower badly before the new year 

Attitash got six inches of rain , can’t imagine Wildcat even has the resources to fix much fast there as all the condo rentals for holiday week @ Attitash may demand they use resources there (Wildcat is in middle of national Forrest and has no condos )

My guess is there are going to be higher risk of serious accidents by folks who don’t gauge the conditions well and the mountain will usually say “varied conditions / frozen granular) instead of icy death on some trails 

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Saw some mountain ops posts this am around New England that convey desperation , hope , and patience . 

Jay peak probably acted like they got a rogue shower and mounds of snow are imminent lol . Tim Kelly does a decent JB impression on his forecast there sometimes

Many are closed today which seems prudent 

They need a snower badly before the new year 

Attitash got six inches of rain , can’t imagine Wildcat even has the resources to fix much fast there as all the condo rentals for holiday week @ Attitash may demand they use resources there (Wildcat is in middle of national Forrest and has no condos )

My guess is there are going to be higher risk of serious accidents by folks who don’t gauge the conditions well and the mountain will usually say “varied conditions / frozen granular) instead of icy death on some trails 

This wont help:

gfs_ref_frzn_neus_36.png