mattie g

13 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

12/19 - T

1/6 - 0.75"

1/15-16 - 4.7”

1/19 - 3.75”

Total - 9.2”

5N Frederick, MD

Did you catch the 1/14 squall?  At least imby, it coated the grass and was starting to accumulate on the road a little bit.

16 minutes ago, 87storms said:

Did you catch the 1/14 squall?  At least imby, it coated the grass and was starting to accumulate on the road a little bit.

I was at my folks on the shore, so I don’t have any record of it and can’t verify. I’d imagine we got something, but I don’t think it was much. 

1 minute ago, MillvilleWx said:

I was at my folks on the shore, so I don’t have any record of it and can’t verify. I’d imagine we got something, but I don’t think it was much. 

I wasn’t in Ashburn at the time, but I don’t think it was anything more than a trace. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

It was probably a coating to a 1/2", but more than a trace here (at least more than 0.1", I'm pretty sure about that).  It even started to accumulate on patches of the road.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 87storms said:

It was probably a coating to a 1/2", but more than a trace here (at least more than 0.1", I'm pretty sure about that).  It even started to accumulate on patches of the road.

Considering the map @Terpeastjust shared, that’s probably where my difference is. I only have 9.2” but the NOHRSC has 10” over Frederick. I’m going to keep my total, but I do wonder what fell that day lol

2 minutes ago, 87storms said:

That checks out. Thanks for the info. I’ll see if I can get an estimate for that date at some point. I’ll just add a note that it was estimate by someone else and not by me. Puts me closer to that 10” reading for FDK. Thanks! 

4 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

That checks out. Thanks for the info. I’ll see if I can get an estimate for that date at some point. I’ll just add a note that it was estimate by someone else and not by me. Puts me closer to that 10” reading for FDK. Thanks! 

No prob.  Normally, I'm meh on snow flurries/showers aside from snow tv, but this was a legitimate snow squall.  However, I think the mod/heavy portion was localized and only lasted a few minutes.

• Like 1

These last two storms remind me so much of what we used to get here when I was a kid  growing up in the ‘70s. These kind of storms were our go to. It seemed  like every heavy snow warning was 4-6. I think my earliest memory of a 6-8 warning was in ‘78.  I was so surprised since I didn’t know that was even a thing lol.  Then Feb ‘79 came and that changed everything. 

• Like 3