Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Yesvember or November?

Go Kart Mozart

3 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

That EPS does bring back terrible memories from last winter, I feel like that is what it looked like most of the time....I guess the hope is El Nino climo does take over

my point is that what's happening in November isn't representative of the deep winter pattern

December is likely going to be crappy and meltdowns will begin, I'm pretty sure of it. same shit happened in 2015 when everyone was crying before Boston got 100" in 6 weeks

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

my point is that what's happening in November isn't representative of the deep winter pattern

December is likely going to be crappy and meltdowns will begin, I'm pretty sure of it. same shit happened in 2015 when everyone was crying before Boston got 100" in 6 weeks

And Will kept saying the longwave pattern looks good, be patient. We're not known for patience on this board.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

Yes, December was blowtorch for sure. Mjo 4-6. Thankfully it switched mid January. I think we had a +PDO that winter but a -PDO for this winter, so it will be interesting to see for sure moving forward 

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

That is also a snap shot as the pattern improved after Brooklyn's post. Right now, I'm not really big on December and expect it to be hostile at times. That doesn't mean it won't snow.

Agree... We have lots of crappy Decembers that produce snow but it rarely sticks around long... There will be a couple of windows even during a hostile December.  My pattern take has me interested in a December icing threat for portions of the region, prior to or near the mid-month period.  

Just now, kdxken said:

Late week?

Screenshot_20231106_150811_Google.jpg

Yes, first half of next week is chilly....but then as the ridge builds in, we see big warmup....though there is still some model disagreement on the magnitude plus the GFS and Canadian have reinforcing cold shots late next week which would delay the warmth....but the Euro does not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

should be a fun ride This winter , always is in here wether we are getting skunked , crushing it or anywhere in between . The posts from everyone are almost predictable now .

Yeah it's going to be a *wild* ride, and then some folks get triggered and the board goes WILD.  it's awesome

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Nahh…it’s not all about the frozen water. We could sure use normal cold to kill back some of the ticks and other invasive insects that persisted through most of last winter. 

Well, we had a couple days of record/near record cold in February last year…that should have killed any insects that were still hanging around no? 

7 hours ago, brooklynwx99 said:

Well above normal looks likely for December

7 hours ago, brooklynwx99 said:

the +EPO/+NAO pattern on the EPS matches up with most mod-strong Ninos... the hand wringing about this being the winter pattern by some is pretty ridiculous as Nov/Dec are usually quite warm here

eps_z500aMean_namer_8.thumb.png.d279be50922335495c361525971d63f5.pngysuilkkArV.png.ddceb7ec005f83e0497112ae5015ecbf.png

What happened to the lack of El Niño forcing everyone was harping on?

41 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Well, we had a couple days of record/near record cold in February last year…that should have killed any insects that were still hanging around no? 

You need a nuclear bomb to kill the damn ticks and some might survive that, we need to get down into the teens, right now I taking 3+ a day off my cat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

You want single digits in December with no snow cover to knock their numbers down.  

Dec ‘88 and Dec ‘89 were like that. Though most of Dec ‘89 did have snow cover….but it was often very thin at 1-2”. But I remember so many brutally cold mornings with no snow in sight on the forecasts. 

• Like 2