Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Yesvember or November?

Go Kart Mozart

21 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Today was pretty dreary.  Just some occasional sprinkles and misery mist but so dark all day long.  Welcome to November.

No rain here. Cloudy and 48-50 all day so it could have been worse. Spent most of the day inside at a cpr/first aid training anyway so I was shielded from it a bit. 

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

Kind of typical November with cold snaps and mostly worthless wx with some warmth as well but doesn’t look like big time warmth at this time.  End of all the ensembles look interesting potentially for thanksgiving week.

Anybody do a white Thanksgiving to winter weather correlation?

15 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Anybody do a white Thanksgiving to winter weather correlation?

The only ones I distinctly remember are 2002 (good winter followed) and 2014 (best snow winter for eastern areas in sne on record followed) but was 2014 a white thanksgiving?    They aren’t common.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, weathafella said:

The only ones I distinctly remember are 2002 (good winter followed) and 2014 (best snow winter for eastern areas in sne on record followed) but was 2014 a white thanksgiving?    They aren’t common.

White Tday further inland at ORH:

Mix of great winters, ok winters, and shit winters. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BrianW said:

The heating oil and natural gas futures for Jan/Feb are crazy low. There's a few billion dollars hedging for a warm winter...

If I was going to stay in my current home for a while, I'd buy the solar but we're retiring in 4 years so it's not worth it, just when we get it almost paid off, we're going to sell. The next house will have solar though.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, weathafella said:

And of course, Thanksgiving, 1989 with about 4" of powder falling day of, followed by 3-4 weeks of epic cold to where I jogged on ice on a section of the Chicopee River. But with the New Year, the winter more or less fizzled out.

2 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

The 8-14 day CPC temp outlook doesn’t have a slightly below normal area (or colder) in all 50 states. I mean Geezus 

Maybe the grinch will come early this year. (I know, I know, he'll be right on schedule.)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Torch mid month and beyond. Looks like PNA tries to pop + so maybe T-Day and beyond get interesting. But otherwise we snooze.

Ski resorts praying their man made snow lasts to t-giving opening day or more likely some will just push back opening day (like the ones known to underpay and  have staff issues...vail cough resorts 

13 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

The wolf in southington attacks the map. 

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

At least there’s plenty of food for him deep in the woods this time of year thanks to CC. 

Nice try boys…but the Wolf is ok(flaccid as my shepherd likes to say)with the benign pattern…..for now.  Average(which will seem huge after last yrs disaster)winter incoming in my opinion, so it’ll happen when it’s ready.  

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Ski resorts praying their man made snow lasts to t-giving opening day or more likely some will just push back opening day (like the ones known to underpay and  have staff issues...vail cough resorts 

They’ll make some this week and cry for mama mid month.