• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Octorcher or Roctober 2023 Discussion Thread

Damage In Tolland

Hurricane Otis - On Wednesday the U.S Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works is hosting a hearing on the "The Science of Extreme Event Attribution: How Climate Change Is Fueling Severe Weather Events" and it will be interesting if the spin-up of Otis comes up in conversation. Dr. Wehner may provide some insight on his thoughts. What I like about these hearings is they usually ask the panel "what is the most important thing we do next to address this topic?" 

https://www.epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/2023/11/the-science-of-extreme-event-attribution-how-climate-change-is-fueling-severe-weather-events

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

Hopefully the elevated interior above 1k and north of pike snows.

That's about where I'd expect it to accumulate. At this point. Maybe we see a mix lower down or south of the pike? That would be a stretch. But it has done it a few times in the past.

I'm more intrigued about the rest of the winter and how it will play out. But time will tell.

13 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

I'm just about to do mine, I might go over the lawn one last time clean up and leftover leaves before I put my winter fert down.

Did leaves yesterday.. raining leaves today like men on Scooters face..Just dropped the Winterizer fert now ahead of the snow Wednesday. Drenched in sweat. What a day . 

• Haha 1

And from +7.3 and no freeze in October for the first time in recorded history... to the American models wanting it to snow Sunday night and Monday morning.

NAM and GFS very similar evolutions... though the rest of the world's models (RGEM, GGEM, ICON, EURO, etc) say no shot in hell and want no part of this.

*For the record I'm not looking at the amounts here, just that its coding snow.  A widespread coating/trace with some legit -SN obs at a few ASOS would be nice.

nam-nest-vt-total_snow_kuchera-8710400.thumb.png.06a4fa2a8d11f40743556de3ea201bd4.png

gfs-deterministic-vt-total_snow_kuchera-8732000.thumb.png.e7a8685ea14ddf4dbaf4b8ab7f5d3a38.png

• Like 1