Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Octorcher or Roctober 2023 Discussion Thread

Damage In Tolland

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

The moonlight last night was outrageous.    Tonight should be similar.    We were wondering if we hadn’t noticed it much lately during other full moons due to all of the rain lately?  

It's unreal.  Is that a planet or a star to the lower left of the moon?

20231028_195404.jpg

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, met_fan said:

I love finding those giant nests after leaves are down that you never realized were there.

I found a giant one in my bushes not 5 feet from the door I use every day, lucky I or my dog never got stung, we never knew it was there until the fall. My dog stuck her nose in one near the front porch once, thankfully, she's not allergic but got a scare.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mreaves said:

46.9° to your west. 

Yeah 46/39 at local PWS, MVL ASOS a bit more mixed at 48/35.

Interesting modeled temperature battle going on between 18z models tomorrow.  Euro vs GFS.  40s during the afternoon is nothing special for time of year, but mid-30s during the afternoon would be note-worthy.

Definitely related to precipitation and evaporational cooling, but ECM looks much more likely.

EURO 

244953B6-9219-456A-9689-1FC84C30DA48.thumb.png.67fc744b55ebb5bf6664c300dc0ec912.png
8CDC8786-BF62-4D23-A37B-551781D0BEB0.thumb.png.8b61eac3e8006b20c329076bbbdf14e0.png

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

It definitely looks cooler than it’s been moving forward, though I’d hardly call it a “cool” look overall.

Temps look solidly above normal for the most part. No surprise there really.

Not sure about that.  Normals remain 50+ for highs into mid month for most of SNE.  I mean on 12/1 we're something like 45/32 at BOS.  Let's see what this does.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Man gfs is a loaded gun for the weenies. Both 00z and 06z. 

It’s possible some of us see our first flakes mid week.

GFS had like 3 snow events on that run and Wednesday was a whiff too…lol. Weenie pattern. 

Ensembles do sort of agree on a chance for an event or two after the mild period 11/3-11/5 or so…we get the initial cold shot, then warm back up, but then go into another colder pattern for like a week into mid-month….then it looks like we warm back up after that as typical Nino climo kicks in for second half of November…but we’ll see. 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

GFS had like 3 snow events on that run and Wednesday was a whiff too…lol. Weenie pattern. 

Ensembles do sort of agree on a chance for an event or two after the mild period 11/3-11/5 or so…we get the initial cold shot, then warm back up, but then go into another colder pattern for like a week into mid-month….then it looks like we warm back up after that as typical Nino climo kicks in for second half of November…but we’ll see. 

Both GEFS and EPS weren’t as wild, but maybe something to keep an eye on after next weekend.