Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Octorcher or Roctober 2023 Discussion Thread

Damage In Tolland

14 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Town of Stowe holds a massive arts/crafts fair during this long/holiday foliage weekend in the Topnotch Fields and it is often one of the biggest clusterf*cks of the year.  Maybe the field will be a mud pit with hundreds of cars marooned axel deep? 

The traffic this weekend historically can be bumper to bumper from I-89 through Waterbury/Center and through Stowe lol.  It’s been gridlocked past my place 4 miles away from the craft fair too.

People love when leaves change color.

If any car attempts to perform an Axel, it's likely to be more than axle deep.  :nerdsmiley:  (Could not resist . . .)

Only 0.05" here so far.  The other 3 reports from Franklin County ranked 1,2,3 for Maine's wettest (though all were modest): 
Temple (2 towns west) 0.33", Farmington (next door) 0.28" and 0.22".  My 0.05" tied for 41st most.  :huh:

• Haha 2

The winter fantasy thing isn't without a modest amount of pragmatics, actually.

That is a winter pattern.  It's just set upon a canvas where the heights and thicknesses are about 30 dm higher than ... what we used to experience IN winters before we sold our souls with the currency of Satan's blood - oil.  But that's 'sides the point

Seriously though, that is.  It's good to take note of that Euro ( 06z GFS caved into that look considerably, too -).  The usefulness is working out the rust and lubing up the tracking gears. 

In the heart of the winter - I'm going be concerned about gradient saturation and too much velocity in both ambient westerlies, but also how much the atmosphere converts that wind abundance into actual wave propagation speeds/mechanics.  The latter's been a shearing tendency in recent years with this problem...

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

He’s messing around….   But I guess the Euro shows a big rain event next weekend. Shocker right..

My one hope is it stays dry for Friday the 20th. Taking my 10 year old daughter to the Trail of Terror. She said she's not afraid and ready for it! Lol

Just don't want it ruined by rain ( but it can Snow!! ) haha

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, jbenedet said:

Kinda surprised by lack of interest with Phillip remnants. I think Lee hugely disappointed and is resulting in some recency bias to the downside. Also over confidence on final outcome. 

Looks like it’s gonna rock for a bit when it comes in. It’s a very low bar but I’m expecting a lot more interesting weather than with Lee. Only worth mentioning because of how much stronger Lee was at this lat/long.

Today’s earlier transition to extra tropical opens up a closer approach than guidance consensus and a stronger system at our latitude, given the sig UL trough dynamics. It also means toss the 18z GFS very far.

Worst weather looks close to Portland Maine. Wouldn’t rule out a shot at sub 980 upon closest approach. 

Send the weenie tags.

This just a joke post right?