• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Another big Sept rain event between roughly midnight Friday morning and midnight Sunday morning (bulk 9/29-30/2023)

wdrag

For what its worth...have checked some Climate station data NYS Mesonet and NJ meson, plus our house in Wantage of far nw NJ. The OKX and BGM STP's (Derived storm total on the Radarscope APP) look accurate.

Am over 1/2" in Wantage and over 2.2" parts of w LI. I'd be checking that for reality and kudos HRRR and NAM/RRFS late yesterday for honing in on primary threat FF zone. 

• Like 3

Yes,  the way it looks to me is many 5-10" reports in the prime zone near NYC-LI northward Hud River to the Ct River. Also need to check all time 24 hour and 48 hour rainfall CP for starters, maybe POU and BDR ISP to see if we get top 10 historically-Bluewave check? And power outages could become a problem by tonight-sodden group tree up roots? 

Finally, most dangerous time for travel could be this evening-night in the last big pileup of flooding rain.

This graphic is from 18z/28 but looks pretty good to me for best areas to monitor.

image.thumb.png.cbb554c297e7bdb97c364f4ee98ed0c9.png

T

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, wdrag said:

Yes,  the way it looks to me is many 5-10" reports in the prime zone near NYC-LI northward Hud River to the Ct River. Also need to check all time 24 hour and 48 hour rainfall CP for starters, maybe POU and BDR ISP to see if we get top 10 historically-Bluewave check? And power outages could become a problem by tonight-sodden group tree up roots? 

Finally, most dangerous time for travel could be this evening-night in the last big pileup of flooding rain.

This graphic is from 18z/28 but looks pretty good to me for best areas to monitor. 2.66 MB · 0 downloads

T

This thread has all the 10” months around the area since 2003. But some were in as short a period of hours to a day like in August 2011 and 2014.