Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wake Me Up When September Ends..Obs/Diso

40/70 Benchmark

31 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Even if it’s only half as wet as it has been(this summer), for this upcoming winter…that would be fine. 

I know I’ve become another Torch Tiger on this subforum, but it’s only fine if it’s not a furnace. We’ve had plenty of precip in recent years but there’s been little to no cold when it matters.

Here in the torch lands of CT at least. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I know I’ve become another Torch Tiger on this subforum, but it’s only fine if it’s not a furnace. We’ve had plenty of precip in recent years but there’s been little to no cold when it matters.

Here in the torch lands of CT at least. 

Well of course that goes without saying. Ya need the right set up, and a high to the north..and no nipple lows screwing the Pooch.  Last year was just a Rat through and through. 

3 hours ago, Modfan2 said:

I mean that’s my unscientific take, we have been on a fairly long stretch of wet weather we are so for long stretches of dry weather and the unfortunate timing may be winter. 

Up here at least, late May through June was pretty dry. The rains really started the first week of July. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

It doesn’t matter, that’s way up north anyway.  

Not confused at all Tunafish….the old kiss of death he’s referring to really only has to do with snow in October in SNE. Central and especially northern Maine get accumulating snow in October much more regularly than SNE, and it’s not a kiss of death when it happens up there, like folks tend to think around here.  So that’s what I meant.

And Obviously that’s all voo Doo anyway. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

This is incredible. I had no idea!

Doubly incredible - frogs lay their eggs in the spring around here, so the tadpoles can mature well before frost.

2.19" from this event, 42.60" on the year, which is 8" AN, plus any further September rain.  Again, the towns to the west were wetter - Farmington 3.15" and Temple with 2.90".  Combining this event with last Wednesday's downpour (and ignoring the 0.02-0.03" from Lee), Farmington recorded ~6.5", Temple 4.6" and 2.5" here. 
Steined.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Doubly incredible - frogs lay their eggs in the spring around here, so the tadpoles can mature well before frost.

2.19" from this event, 42.60" on the year, which is 8" AN, plus any further September rain.  Again, the towns to the west were wetter - Farmington 3.15" and Temple with 2.90".  Combining this event with last Wednesday's downpour (and ignoring the 0.02-0.03" from Lee), Farmington recorded ~6.5", Temple 4.6" and 2.5" here. 
Steined.

That was my first thought. Why would frogs lay their eggs in the fall?

• Like 1