Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Wake Me Up When September Ends..Obs/Diso

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Could you post the output Wiz?  

One thing looking at (and on all models) is the strengthening low-level jet. Pretty robust easterly flow overspreading southern New England with 850-700mb warm front progressing north within the region. There is going to be a ton of moisture being thrown in our direction. We have the high to the north so there is potential this system could become suppressed.

I think we either get slammed with rain or get lucky...don't think there is an in between. Would have to check into tides but I would also think coastal flooding could be a concern as well. 

CODNEXLAB-FORECAST-2023092012-NAM-US-850-spd-72-84-100.gif

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

One thing looking at (and on all models) is the strengthening low-level jet. Pretty robust easterly flow overspreading southern New England with 850-700mb warm front progressing north within the region. There is going to be a ton of moisture being thrown in our direction. We have the high to the north so there is potential this system could become suppressed.

I think we either get slammed with rain or get lucky...don't think there is an in between. Would have to check into tides but I would also think coastal flooding could be a concern as well. 

CODNEXLAB-FORECAST-2023092012-NAM-US-850-spd-72-84-100.gif

Dangerous flood situation ... one whose total circumstance began to materialize way back in June.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Dangerous flood situation ... one whose total circumstance began to materialize way back in June.  

Even if the duration of the rain ends up being on the short side of the spectrum, the rainfall rates are going to be intense. Lots of rain will fall in a very short amount of time. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

That’s still a half inch plus for a lot of the area though.  Let’s hope it trends a lil more south next run.  Or it’s still a Rainey Saturday…just not huge amounts. 

that would suck-a half inch of rain on Saturday-run of the mill...if we're going to ruin a weekend lets make it memorable

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

mostly OTS.  Icon also east, CMC also took a jump east.   May end up being a whole lot of nothing if the system heads NE too far out to sea

-

gfs_apcpn_neus_24.png

Canadian was pretty high impact. GFS as you said kind of slid everything south but it’s close.

There’s still a lot of spread on this low’s intensity and progression for what’s essentially a short range forecast. It’s hard to lean against persistence—what rain event have we missed since July—but that high may keep us dry.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Canadian was pretty high impact. GFS as you said kind of slid everything south but it’s close.

There’s still a lot of spread on this low’s intensity and progression for what’s essentially a short range forecast. It’s hard to lean against persistence—what rain event have we missed since July—but that high may keep us dry.

uh oh

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_52.png

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

CMC jumped east though-had big rains to Pittsburgh now it's just west of philly-may be correcting towards the OTS guidance.

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

No diss on Wiz at all but people hate snow maps because they are basically fiction. Have to say the same with the NAM when it comes to severe and QPF.

Since I do trash on the snow maps I'll say it also irritates me when people just run to hodographs, supercell composite parameter, and significant tornado parameter to justify a potential tornado outbreak.