Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Wake Me Up When September Ends..Obs/Diso

40/70 Benchmark

14 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The sun setting at the same time all year at like 6pm must be boring AF.  Just 6am to 6pm all the time.

I’m not a fan of it being dark at 4pm but gladly take the trade off of light at 4:30am to 8:30pm in the summer.

friend of mine live in Hawaii for awhile-said it was beyond boring after about a year

23 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

It won’t be abolished.  But for me, I’d be more upset if the standard time was abolished.  I realize everyone is different, but I enjoy the early sunsets when they are here. As well as the later sunrises. 

What would be worse is a permanent shift to DST.  Sunrise wouldn't be till after 8 AM Due to the oil embargo that happened for a period of time while I was in high school. ..it was awful. On days like today it stayed dark till well past 9 Am. Kids were falling asleep in class. 

I have relatives who live in Ann Arbor Michigan. People there are dead set against a permanent change to DST because for part of December and January the sun would rise shortly after 9 AM. A friend lives in Marquette, there the sun would not rise until after 930 AM.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

What would be worse is a permanent shift to DST.  Sunrise wouldn't be till after 8 AM Due to the oil embargo that happened for a period of time while I was in high school. ..it was awful. On days like today it stayed dark till well past 9 Am. Kids were falling asleep in class. 

I have relatives who live in Ann Arbor Michigan. People there are dead set against a permanent change to DST because for part of December and January the sun would rise shortly after 9 AM. A friend lives in Marquette, there the sun would not rise until after 930 AM.

That sounds horrific. Would much rather a 4:30 PM sunset than a 9:00 AM sunrise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I need that 9pm light to still be outside in summer.  Coming down from a hike in ambient light at 9-9:30pm is always fun.  The extra time outside after work day is key to me.

For me it's golf.  I love playing in the evenings after work until it's too dark to see the flagstick.  Hard to get 9 in after work as we move later in the month.  Conversely, I like the shorter days leading into winter.  It gives me a feeling of comfort that I can only think of as snug.  I guess I would just say that I like seasons in season.  Except for mud season, I have no use for that.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

That sounds horrific. Would much rather a 4:30 PM sunset than a 9:00 AM sunrise. 

Trust me it was horrific. Hopefully never again but I think at some point a switch to permanent DST occurs for a period of time.  It is amazing how many people think the switch will give them an extra hour of daylight lol 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Trust me it was horrific. Hopefully never again but I think at some point a switch to permanent DST occurs for a period of time.  It is amazing how many people think the switch will give them an extra hour of daylight lol 

It would  last one winter and then be ditched again.     I think people think they "Get an extra hour of daylight" since it's at a time of day they would be more likely to use it....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

It would  last one winter and then be ditched again.     I think people think they "Get an extra hour of daylight" since it's at a time of day they would be more likely to use it....

Some people can't fathom that is doesn't change the amount of daylight, it just changes when the daylight takes place.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

What type of headlights does your vehicle have?

I don't know the specifics but I want to get brighter. Actually when I replaced my headlights a few years back I went brighter than what I had but it still really isn't enough. I don't want to get too bright because I know it can be very distracting (and blinding) for other drivers. 

• Like 2