Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Banter 2023

George BM

4 hours ago, mappy said:

what a way to end a career. switch teams for one more go at something, do a whole hbo hardknock series, everyone is hyping your start, only to be done after 4 plays

you love to see it, couldn't have happened to a better dude

I'm with you regarding Rodgers, but feel for the Jets a little bit.. 

I never really considered Rodgers a bad dude...maybe I've missed some of the news about him.  Kevin Porter Jr., on the other hand, is not a good dude.  Talk about throwing a career away.  He recently signed a contract, too...which will likely get voided assuming the NBA's investigation confirms the reports.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, 87storms said:

I never really considered Rodgers a bad dude...maybe I've missed some of the news about him.  Kevin Porter Jr., on the other hand, is not a good dude.  Talk about throwing a career away.  He recently signed a contract, too...which will likely get voided assuming the NBA's investigation confirms the reports.

He has had issues almost every year going back to college. It's a shame that this had to happen before he gets his due. 

8 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Tuesday just sort of felt like bad luck and some mean reversion on RISP hitting. Last night was baffling. Especially after how productive the offense has been lately. They better break out of it tonight…

I was there last night. Super frustrating game considering Drew Rom had been lit up during his first 4 starts for the cards.

These late season games when you're trying to wrap up a division or a grind. Anybody (as ROM proved) can shut you down. Just bad luck the past two nights. I don't see any Funk or trend. They'll come out tonight with a very good chance to win with their best starter going for them. And you can take positives from the last two games as well. Means coming back looked decent. And Gibson had his 2nd good start out of last 3 so that's a nice trend. A little luck and some timely hitting and they could put some distance between the two clubs. Prediction, O's win 3 of 4. 

• Like 1

High today was 97 BUT we got thunderstorms, 1.75 inches so far, and possibly more rain behind it.

We need it so bad. We crave the full strength, even SUPER, Nino leveraging the abnormally high sea surface temps to bring us a full-on, GeorgeBM-magnitude southern stream jet full of Pac and Caribbean moisture Palisading south central Texas with billion year all time rain tallies! I would not mind another Harvey, on top of south Central Tex for three weeks, dumping possibly three digit rain totals on us in 14 days, with a strong Caribbean moisture feed at the low, mid, and upper levels! I want that rainwater BAD!

In other news, we got our running water back. Turns out it was not low aquifer water table levels. It was the PUMP. The pump got replaced. No more Muad'Dib for me. I'll trade it in for Waterworld any day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gymengineer said:

I know I haven’t posted much lately so maybe I missed something… did some other sub-forums turn to no moderation as practice? The New England sub-forum reads as a “post anything you want.”

Every sub-forum moderates how they see fit. I don't go there, their mod's do not come here. Sorry, our practices will be staying the same. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gymengineer said:

I know I haven’t posted much lately so maybe I missed something… did some other sub-forums turn to no moderation as practice? The New England sub-forum reads as a “post anything you want.”

It is my hope that our sub never gets like theirs. and our mods here do a pretty good job to keep it fun and on topic. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

What a choke job going on right now at Camden yards this week. Was worried the Os might get swept by the Rays after the way they played the last 2 games against the awful cards. 

Not looking good so far.

It’s baffling how the offense has gone from red hot to just ice cold. Every single one of them looks totally outmatched at the plate.

• Like 1

I mean...the team's longest losing streak this year prior to this week was 4 games. The '83 World Series Champs lost 7 in a row. Twice. In a 162 game season there are going to be stretches like this. Honestly, it's remarkable that it's taken this long for it to happen. The timing couldn't be worse but I believe it's been overdue. Bright side - they have an opportunity to right the ship and rebuild some momentum going into the postseason.

• Like 2

Dale City was 76/55 DP 53 today. You are approx. 60/53 right now.

Everything is right on track. It's full-on autumn in Northern Virginia already, and it will become chillier and chillier with time. You will be in troughs until about June 12th, 2024. You will see a TON of rain between now and November and then it will mix with and change to snow. Washington DC will have a White Christmas with crippling amounts of snow. Northern Virginia will get hit worse because of training thundersnows. NYE 2024 will be even snowier! Nino will bring many heavy snows to the Mid Atlantic. The southern branch of the jet stream will be a beast, it will be snow after snow after snow! There may be a few severe ice storms as well.

You're gonna need a bigger shovel.

This series right now is showing the youth of this club. Completely overthinking at the plate and swinging at straight garbage. It’s one of the things that makes me believe this still isn’t the year. Has been a lot of fun though. We are missing a few pieces still. Gotta take at least one from Tampa this series. 

40 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Only thing that concerns me with the Os is that the series @ Houston comes immediately after this one. You don’t want want to come out of that 2 or 3 back of Tampa. 

Yup. This series was always going to be really tough. Laying 2 giant eggs against the cardinals looms VERY large right now. 

• mappy unpinned this topic