Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 16, 2023 Flooding & Tornado Potential

WxWatcher007

5 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

My sump pumps get caked in like some calcium and minerals and iron and fork like a brittle shell.

Would dumping some CLR into the pit and let it sit help?

The impellers and the floats keep getting gummed up with shit and not working.

I wouldn’t worry about it, doesn’t seem to rain there. 

• Haha 11

5 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

My sump pumps get caked in like some calcium and minerals and iron and fork like a brittle shell.

Would dumping some CLR into the pit and let it sit help?

The impellers and the floats keep getting gummed up with shit and not working.

CLR is VERY corrosive. Do not recommend

• Like 1

We may have an opportunity to dry out some over the next week to 10 days. Guidance are 'relaxing' ( Euro/GGEM) the trough reloading behavior, or,  stretching it more W-E (GFS).  Either version eliminates the quasi stationary warm fire hose up the coast effect.

However, since in either case there is still semblances of that trough along 90 .. 80W still lingering as a shear axis, that implicates shunting of bigger heat from ever getting E of ORD.  It also makes the dependability of that outlook a little shaky because if/when a reload takes place ...it's sort of all set up as to where it will be. 

As is though ... either solution makes rain events less impacting at a regional scale

The trouble with this summer is that we are failing to relent the R-wave structure from spring - which we normally would have by now.  It's a +PNAP scaffolding (west ridge east trough) that's just apparently incapable of modulation.  That may be changing over these next 10 days, but with lower confidence for now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Over an inch yesterday, but I'm glad it wasn't more because I took a chance and put some summer fert down yesterday morning. 

i fertilized on saturday. after 2.4" of heavy rain, i am sure it is washing down the Merrimack river as we speak.

21 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

i fertilized on saturday. after 2.4" of heavy rain, i am sure it is washing down the Merrimack river as we speak.

That's gone almost for sure. Even 1" can be too much. Believe it or not .25-.50" is ideal. Obviously factors like soil composition, rainfall rate, etc matter too.