Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July has arrived ... the Meteorologically defined mid summer month

Typhoon Tip

17 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

My sister in Jacksonville told me the pools are so hot they can't go in them unless it rains to cool them. Florida Keys water temp is 95 to 97

This time of year is Lobster Mini Season in FL; having been to the Keys a few times during this it so hot and humid (Not the minor humidity Kev Raves about) and water is very warm; can’t imagine 97

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, radarman said:

These have nearly the same diurnal range as the surface temp sensors.  Seems a bit odd.  Or maybe it's normal,  not sure.

Maybe it's super shallow...that's the only way you could get a 7F diurnal range, and also have the readings that high to begin with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Maybe it's super shallow...that's the only way you could get a 7F diurnal range, and also have the readings that high to begin with.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

That’s my guess too.

7 minutes ago, radarman said:

These have nearly the same diurnal range as the surface temp sensors.  Seems a bit odd.  Or maybe it's normal,  not sure.

"Sea temp depth: 1.5 m below MLLW" at JKYF1

• Like 2

oof what a sounding in upstate NY tomorrow. You get any deep convection in this environment, especially something discrete and it's going to take off. LCL and LFC pretty much the same level so it may not be difficult to get some explosive convection up that way tomorrow. That's a great deal of turning in the lowest few km too. 

2023071212_NAM_030_44.37,-73.96_winter_ml.png