amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
July has arrived ... the Meteorologically defined mid summer month

Typhoon Tip

7 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Any indication that the tropics will be heating up in mid range 

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Not really. We’re probably looking at very late July into early August for the next meaningful window, aside from what’s happening now with that invest in the middle of the Atlantic. 

Shear relaxes big time first PAC then Atlantic, think August is trouble.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Might get a break for a couple days next week, but overall I don't see any change really. No oppressive heat, just lots of 80s and higher dews overall. Maybe a few 90F reading thrown in.

Absolutely the best summer ever. Never ending dews . As well as we could all have ever drawn it up. 

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Absolutely the best summer ever. Never ending dews . As well as we could all have ever drawn it up. 

Last summer was better. Way less cloud cover and rain around here. I'm not a big gardener so ill take stein over mildew.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Well going to be interesting later this afternoon and evening. Normally you worry about loss of diurnal heating, but shear and lapse rates are quite good. Should be a pretty solid line moving through western sections and then probably weakening as it advances farther east, but we'll see. 

Maybe someone like Jay will chase it 

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Maybe someone like Jay will chase it 

I am hoping to at least be able to go a spot for shelf cloud viewing. Might be tough b/c it will be dark. My go to is always BDL but there is this little shopping plaza about 1 min away that has a great view west. Caught a sick shelf cloud and gust front at that spot last summer (it was a year ago yesterday actually). 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

yeah, 99% of WE would beg to differ. 14+" of rain since May 1 at my locale. VT and parts of NH getting wiped off the map with flash flooding. giant mosquitoes that could carry your skinny ass away. 

WE say no thank you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, SJonesWX said:

yeah, 99% of WE would beg to differ. 14+" of rain since May 1 at my locale. VT and parts of NH getting wiped off the map with flash flooding. giant mosquitoes that could carry your skinny ass away. 

WE say no thank you.

Don't mess with DOD, he will jump you.

defender_of_mountain_dew_by_chopfe_dfzmh91-pre (1).jpg

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, jbenedet said:

Sweet. Just in time for my trip. Leaving this evening from Logan.  :arrowhead:

The beaches at amalfi coast will be a real win with SST's right around 80. But Rome, and Florence ooof. Torch. Lake Como should be great with the microclimate of the 70F lake. I'm taking it that the destinations near water will be wins, while everything else a big loss. 

The 100+ readings are that much more remarkable given it's a peninsula with non-tropical SST's. 

I guess it will be cool(ish) to experience the all-time records...

Great trip!  We’ll be there in early autumn which should be warm but tolerable which will include a week in Rome, 3 days on the Amalfi coast, and a week in Sicily.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bch2014 said:

I was in Italy in late June 2019 when there was a heat wave of similar magnitude (upper 90's-low 100's-not seeing the 110+ that Tip referenced in any forecasts). The Lake Como area was nice during the heat, though it is not particularly high elevation so you don't get the alpine cooling effects you might expect given the scenery...

I dunno, try looking at Italy's own meteorologists ? 

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/12/europe/italy-heat-wave-record-temperatures-climate-intl/index.html

...I mean, taken fwiw, it is CNN -sourced.