Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
July has arrived ... the Meteorologically defined mid summer month

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, NoCORH4L said:

Wonder if the pattern will change at all this summer? If not, let's hope we can keep into winter. 

I don't know if it will.  Guessin' no -

Something I've noticed now spanning over 10 years of total season-to-season behavioral trends (emphasized because readers for some reason skip 'trend' in lieu of aggravated absolutes...) Winters and summers are getting neutered, while springs and autumns have increased variance.  It's sort of blurring the distinction - N-E of an approximately IA-NJ this is more true.

Winters more and more are sheared open mid level gradient/velocity saturated.  Patterns don't stay in position .. they modulate in shorter durations with wild R-wave repositioning, triggering larger temperature extremes imposing bigger thaws that for one ... don't kill ticks.  haha.

Summers are being dimmed for heat.  I keep seeing this, every year, this "shunting pattern" because the gradient continues to organize into a more definitive summer/polar jet, which then favors the western ridge - won't let us evolve a big dawgs over the eastern continent ( as much) You can see this coherently sometimes on the weather charts too... Just look at the 00z Euro around 228 hours... There's a whopper heat dome with a fantastic R-wave -lengthed over arcing polar jet. 

What also makes these characterizations argument prone ... springs have been hot, and autumns have featured freak cold inserts that bring synoptic snow threats in Octobers.  These do not lend to people's acceptance... Anyway, that's getting into the other thing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1