Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Discobs 2023

George BM

2 hours ago, BlizzardNole said:

Oooh good point on the car filters.  Oh and new drought map still reflects severe -- I bet my little micro-desert qualifies as extreme as I've had less than 1.5 for June

image.png.d50456ff9ce69a8a0344ba4e79725bb1.png

I can confirm. It's a dust bowl here in the high desert of Carroll County. AA county is a swamp. This map might need Mappy help lol

20 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Your post couldn't be more timely. We had our every-six-month HVAC check done today....and $2,700 later, we need to have a UV light cleaning system installed, our heat pump refrigerant "restored/recharged," and perhaps most important, our blower rotor cleaned. The amount of "filth" on the rotor was way more stacked up than it's ever been before, and the air filter in the HVAC? Very greyish/black. When I asked the tech if the late-May/early-June wildfire crap had anything to do with that soiling, he said, "Absolutely, yes...have seen it in dozens of other customers." I usually monitor our HVAC filters for dog hair....but didn't think it would be this ruined in less than a month. Good Lord. Stay apprised of your HVAC status, folks....this sh*t can get expensive.

Call someone else!  That's crazy.

You don't need a uv irradiation unit!

Also, if your blower isn't running the filter won't accumulate dust.  We haven't run our unit until this week.  Of course that varies depending on one's comfort, etc.

Don't even get me started on duct cleaning scams!

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

LWX discussion of thunderstorms in a nutshell:  today east of I-95; Saturday west of blue ridge.  The Drought of '23 rolls on

Seems like the drought is becoming more focused in North Central MD. East of 95 is pretty much caught up. Up here in Carroll County it's super dry. We missed everything this week. I drove through part of AA County last week during the storms and their was serious flooding. Drought, over there.

3 hours ago, BlizzardNole said:

LWX discussion of thunderstorms in a nutshell:  today east of I-95; Saturday west of blue ridge.  The Drought of '23 rolls on

They’ve updated that to match the recent HRRR runs which initiate storms west of here by early afternoon and move a modest complex through the western burbs later today 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Boom convection. Let's clear this air out.

There's been some HRRR runs that have had a decent looking cell going across Central MD and then over to the Bay. So far, looks like updrafts have struggled - to be expected on a not even marginal risk day - thankful for any rain that can move overhead though. 

This recent 2 month stretch marks the first time DCA has had consecutive BN months since April/May 2020. Coldest 5/1 -> 6/30 (69.3F) since 2005 (68.7F). Nowhere near 2003's average for that timeframe of 66.4F, which stands as the coldest May/June period in DCA's history and coldest at any official DC site since 1927. 

• Like 4

• H2O unpinned this topic