• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Discobs 2023

George BM

Just got rained on biking the ‘shed. Kinda felt good tbh, though biking rocks in the rain isn’t the most ideal situation. I noticed clouds were rolling in, but radar was clean when I checked. We’re still professionals at high dews and isolated showers/storms.

• Like 1

I know what you mean, NPZ.  I'm in a rain shadow with high elevations from my W around to the NE.  Thunderstorms regularly break up or split around as they descend towards here, then reform just east.  I expect the same tomorrow and will be surprised to see more than a couple tenths of rain.  My parched lawn HAD to cash in with that strat rain this past week and missed all the heavy stuff, some within a handful of miles.  Got nickel and dimed to less than an inch total.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BlizzardNole said:

I know what you mean, NPZ.  I'm in a rain shadow with high elevations from my W around to the NE.  Thunderstorms regularly break up or split around as they descend towards here, then reform just east.  I expect the same tomorrow and will be surprised to see more than a couple tenths of rain.  My parched lawn HAD to cash in with that strat rain this past week and missed all the heavy stuff, some within a handful of miles.  Got nickel and dimed to less than an inch total.

It's frustrating.  It's June 25 and the best we've done this year is a decaying storm with 2 claps of distant thunder and a few minutes of moderate rain a couple weeks ago.  Thankfully, we did get an inch from the 2-day mid-week drizzlefest.  But it literally took 36 consecutive hours to get there; we averaged about .03"/hr.  For much of it, the ground remained dry under shrubs and trees.  Drought relief aside, I'd just like to see some GD interesting weather.

Good luck to you, tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stormfly said:

Towers are rising like dewpoints here!

oX845bm.jpg

Gorgeous pic, I always LOVE to watch those towers form! That said, forecast this A.M. reduced our chances to just 20% isolated storms this afternoon, but we've been observing some impressive towers around us while sitting on the back patio. Radar just to our west seems to say (right now at least) we see better than a 20% chance as well. We'll see...  ;) 

• Like 2

On 6/24/2023 at 6:27 AM, toolsheds said:

Took my daughter and her friends last night.  We had seats in the pavillion and they chose lawn.  Luckily nobody sat behind us and we snuck them, in just as Weezer started :-)

It was a great show...hope you enjoyed!

It was a great show! Glad everyone was able to get some seats! I followed Weezer up with the Dave Matthews concert on Saturday. Had great weather which was good since we were on the lawn. Happy to enjoy some live music this season.

I wish we had a transition between cool/dry and hot/humid. Yesterday I was dripping doing yard work.

• Like 1

• H2O unpinned this topic