• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Last Hurrah Obs Thread: 3/13-15/23

WxWatcher007

33.2F  Light snow.   I did not take a measurement around dawn but guessing 6".  Since then we have just had very light snow with no accumulation.  It is finally picking up with a vis below 1 mile but the temperature for my elevation and latitude is surprisingly high.  I really though I would stay 31 or 32F all day.

• Like 1

Cantoree reporting 30 inches in Rowe (sp?)  Still at smashed cars under a tree in Houstonic.  Tree is neighbor's tree, a few more homes in area than I had thought..  Untreated rod just wet even w/ ~15 inches.

Neighbor's tree, not as rural as originally thought.  Wet street, still rural enough I doubt it was treated.

13 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Had non-accumulating light snow 10-noon, nothing since except the wind exercising the trees, echoes getting farther and farther away from here.  Can't recall ever getting only a trace from a warned storm (forecast here was 5-9) but there's still many hours in which to avoid a first time.

Same here. Forecast bust?

18 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Had non-accumulating light snow 10-noon, nothing since except the wind exercising the trees, echoes getting farther and farther away from here.  Can't recall ever getting only a trace from a warned storm (forecast here was 5-9) but there's still many hours in which to avoid a first time.

There’s still plenty of modeled lift left. There wasn’t much accumulation forecast prior to 18z (1-2” range for your area). The forecast still has 5-7” left, so you’ve really just lost the high end amount at this point.

7 minutes ago, Ed, snow and hurricane fan said:

You going to the beach this afternoon for surf pictures?  High tide soon.

Unfortunately I don’t think I’ll make it. My sister had a kid last night and I’m watching her dog for a few days. My dogs not so happy with the visitor so I have my hands full. 

• Like 1