Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Last Hurrah Obs Thread: 3/13-15/23

WxWatcher007

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Heh ...they do happen from time to ....long ass time...  1978, 1992, 1997 ... etc.  But yup, the return rate's probably less than the model portrayal rate - will to guess.

I'd also argue that since the era of higher gradient between the subtropic latitudes and the poles increased in winters, the faster tendencies has also limited the likeliness of that kind of behavior.  In fact, this is one of the slower solutions we've probably seen in recent years...

It's lowered overall impact is mostly related to p.o.s. ass vomit ot winter's bum air mass in place, though...  and no source during.  It was all going to have to be "manufactured" ... It's why it's up to 34 here, and hearing drips in the middle of the Nor'easter... it's f'n mid March. But we lost something like an inch in rain overnight when the Berk's roof top was glaciating.

Too early to go completely post-mortem but just the mid storm impression... or latter storm

In short, meh.

In a lull now for the last hour. The temperature went up to 36, but my thermometer is tacked on the privacy fence between my place and my neighbor's and tends to warm up this time of day. Not sure how much solar energy is getting through the clouds, but since we are up 2 to 3 degrees from surrounding stations, I wonder. Not a lot of dripping out there yet, though the wind is taking snow off the trees. I'm glad about that; less chance of losing power.

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

While the mid-level evolution still appears pretty good for banding from the west to push east....I wonder if we start losing the firehose. Once llvl lows track northeast we kind of lose the infux of Atlantic moisture into the system. 

Firehose out of east will def cease pretty soon and we’ll see more ML type stuff fill in. I think we’ll see some pretty good bands redevelop. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Firehose out of east will def cease pretty soon and we’ll see more ML type stuff fill in. I think we’ll see some pretty good bands redevelop. 

Ah good, that's what I was leaning with too but was a little nervous looking at the RAP and was wondering why precip didn't appear as impressive given the mlvls but forgot I was looking at 1hr QPF :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Heh ...they do happen from time to ....long ass time...  1978, 1992, 1997 ... etc.  Return rate's probably a bit less than the model portrayal right - I'll give you that.

I'd also argue that since the era of higher gradient between the subtropic latitudes and the poles increased in winters, the faster tendencies has also limited the likeliness of that kind of behavior.  In fact, this is one of the slower solutions we've probably seen in recent years...

It's lowered overall impact is mostly related to p.o.s. ass vomit ot winter's bum air mass in place, though...  and no source during.  It was all going to have to be "manufactured" ... It's why it's up to 34 here, and hearing drips in the middle of the Nor'easter... it's f'n mid March. But we lost something like an inch in rain overnight when the Berk's roof top was glaciating.

Too early to go completely post-mortem but just the mid storm impression... or latter storm

Exactly....lost slightly more than an inch of precip to rain..and then it took a while for the snow to begin accumulating because of the relatively warm and wet ground.

Just now, J Paul Gordon said:

Wonder how long we'll stay in this dry slot. It looks like it extends pretty far west. A good event even if we don't get anything more.

Should start filling in over the next 60-90 minutes if the short term mesos have any clue (and to be fair, they’ve been pretty bad).