• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

After reading all this stuf from everybody and knowing the 18Z are usually slightly amped, I do hope that H7 based on all the models stays a little more south than scrapping the CT coastline like that. Need that to be less amped so it can allow the primary ocean low to do its job.

23 hours ago, 78Blizzard said:

This obviously won't happen, but it would be funny if the system chased that convection out to the east and slipped away with minimal impacts.  The meltdowns would be epic.

I was just kidding with Tip last night.  Little did I realize this could actually happen.  Let's hope the 18z Euro was a burp run.

2 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Good enough.

Time to start tracking leaf-out.

4 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Pretty much nailed it 

You guys are glutton for punishment. Hard or unpleasant thoughts… eager to find fault.

Both of you have the chance of a windy few inches of paste, with higher upside.

Just now, ineedsnow said:

NAM is meh here compared to others but with that low position you would think qpf is underdone

It occludes so quickly the warm/moist inflow is cut-off. This is something you'll end up seeing I think given the consistency with this aspect so I don't think this storm is going to be as prolonged as some anticipate 

Just now, CT Rain said:

3km NAM is very similar to the HRRR.

Wildly different solutions and just a really weird setup. Not sure what to make of it. 

At least for the valley, I think it's just becoming too apparent we aren't going to overcome the torched BL. Even some of the more dynamical outputs we really struggle. But it's so freaking close. I guess it's not totally impossible for a tick 1-2F down tomorrow but idk

I don’t envy the mets who need to forecast this storm but as a weenie, this has been a lot of fun to track. We are less than 2 days out from the start of the storm and the models are still giving me anything from nothing to 2 feet of snow. That’s an insane amount of uncertainty this close in.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

The models are signaling a strong elevation event for the interior hills. The lower elevations and coastal plain will depend on exact evolution and precip rates.

Take 6-7:1 ratio in the lower elevation snow column, and 8-10:1 ratio in the higher elevation. Adjust map as needed. 

I mean it literally happens every spring.  When work was in FIT it would be a couple inches of glop, and then at my house 6 miles away it would be 8".  It happens once every spring season. I think there's just so much more moisture involved this time, so it's more pronounced. Hubb knows.