Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Even with the east move, still very marginal at 925 over most of SNE. Going to need this to really intensify quickly.

Does the N stream ULL back by Great Lakes have a tendency to want to pull this more west or should I say limit the East goal posts of the surface low  . Besides 925’s You can see 5H temps are pretty torchy )relatively )  like -2/-4 , usually don’t see those so mild 

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Does the N stream ULL have a tendency to want to pull this more west or should I say limit the East . Besides 925’s You can see 5H temps are pretty torchy , like -2/-4 would that influence ratios 

I thought it would move more to the NE, but at the last second, nrn stream comes in and yanks it NW. 

it's very difficult, but I think getting the NS lobe as far south as possible is the best way to get a big storm that can actually get cold enough. the ECMWF basically pulled off a heavy rain to blizzard type deal because of it away from the immediate coast

temps are a problem, but something this dynamic is a possibility. it's intriguing if nothing else

ecmwf-deterministic-conus-z500_anom-8762800.thumb.png.50bdb71cbfca1015d054ffb239523888.png

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Holy smokes, break out the sandbags in eastern ma. That’s literally the last thing we need.

it’s definitely a lot of rain to start for many. Very marginal.

Not really.  Much less qpf on a PYM-EWB line and east

Just now, brooklynwx99 said:

it's very difficult, but I think getting the NS lobe as far south as possible is the best way to get a big storm that can actually get cold enough. the ECMWF basically pulled off a heavy rain to blizzard type deal because of it

temps are a problem, but something this dynamic is a possibility. it's intriguing if nothing else

ecmwf-deterministic-conus-z500_anom-8762800.thumb.png.50bdb71cbfca1015d054ffb239523888.png

It’s also extremely unlikely and doesn’t fit the pattern, another clown solution from the long range Euro.  A storm forming way off shore and whiffing like Saturdays is far more likely