Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

UKMET's thermals are literally garbage.

Synoptics are bad on that run too...so even though Ukie often has a warm bias in the thermals, in this case, it would suck for most outside of interior hills of NNE.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Synoptics are bad on that run too...so even though Ukie often has a warm bias in the thermals, in this case, it would suck for most outside of interior hills of NNE.

Yeah a 990 mb low in central Mass isn’t going to cut it. The Canadian and gefs look great though

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah, its pretty far west, So it would make sense in this case that its warm with that flow.

56 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

A lot of evidence that we get a stall/loop/prolonged capture.  Showing up on many models.  Details to be determined but glad the capture isn't off DE or Jersey.

That sequence Jeff posted would obliterate Cape Cod - storm force easterlies thru 3 full tide cycles?  Might have Provincetown Island if that verified.  :o

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

@EastonSN+, we’ll need this tucked in, into SEMA, or under RI. A further east solution would be weaker and equate to a later capture. We’ll have to play with fire if we want to ‘get there’.

Yeah it's all or nothing. At least we have something to track. Fear that this may come way west.

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

GEM ensembles into eastern MA too. No reason why it can't tuck into SNE.

If that lead vortmax isn't the center of focus, then this will be mostly a rain event for a lot of New England...the northern stream diving in is pretty far west....further west than you'd typically want to see.

If there was confluence out ahead of it like Feb 2013, then it wouldn't matter as much, but since we don't have that, this setup is a lot more precarious than I think most in here are currently acknowledging.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

If that lead vortmax isn't the center of focus, then this will be mostly a rain event for a lot of New England...the northern stream diving in is pretty far west....further west than you'd typically want to see.

If there was confluence out ahead of it like Feb 2013, then it wouldn't matter as much, but since we don't have that, this setup is a lot more precarious than I think most in here are currently acknowledging.

Where and how did the confluence suddenly just vanish?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Leaning wet in E sne 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Why does pivotal look drastically different? It's the UKMET so who cares either way but 976 near the BM vs this looks entirely like a different run/model. Is the UKMET-G different from pivotals UKMET?

sfcwind_mslp.us_ne.thumb.png.bd8de808c4b27b73cc0421bbe0d42d46.png

I see that kind of head scratch all the time in general graphics ...

I always just sort of assumed it's a resolution issue.

As far as the UKMET, I don't really use those products - pretty much ever ... - as their stinginess to allow general access when the fact of the matter is, all over modeling tech is competitive if not superior in some aspects, puts me off on them.    Still, that strikes me as one graphic system "estimating" based on a coarser resolution, whereas the other being finer meshed ...etc etc.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Where and how did the confluence suddenly just vanish?

Ironically, Saturday's system would have made a good infusion to the 50/50 vortex, but it's getting crushed so far ESE it never helps out. We're left with the naked trailing ridge behind it with less 50/50 now pressing the heights down in Quebec.

In addition, the better Pacific with the big rockies ridge is actually making the northern stream dig a little too much for my liking on some of these solutions. We want it to dig, but not as early as it's doing, but it's responding to the big ridge building out west.

All of that in combination is making this more of a needle-threader than you'd typically want to see. There's still pretty high potential in this system, but I don't see a lot of margin for error that we sometimes see in other big dogs.

• Sad 1