Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

21 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I thought you were all into a Saturday moderate event …and this was a Nada? :ph34r::lol:

Have we joined in? Nice to have you my friend. Let’s have a major, and then call it a season. 

Well Saturday is a couple inches south of 90.. . I’m traveling in VT next week and trying to get idea on time line 

• Weenie 1

Just now, dryslot said:

Your concerns are probably valid if this one follows the seasonal trend so far.

Ideally everyone gets crushed like feb13 but we know the rarity of it, usually some areas get porked and thats been this area going on a decade. I’d like to say “we are due” but weather doesn’t really work that way. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Ideally everyone gets crushed like feb13 but we know the rarity of it, usually some areas get porked and thats been this area going on a decade. I’d like to say “we are due” but weather doesn’t really work that way. 

The Feb13's unfortunately don't grow on trees, Generally someone does get screwed on most all these events, But some live in areas where that's the risk, Many forget though when they are blinded by foggy goggles or want to toss any model that don't give the results their looking for.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I just want a good storm. I don't mind a rain to paste situation...you guys can get buried. Just don't tuck this into BDR.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Gonna need to see some larger changes IMHO to get a widespread hit like a Feb '13....the synoptics are pretty ugly for the CP, whereas in Feb '13 they weren't. That's why that storm had like 18" of paste east of the CF and 30" west. Anyone to the east of a hypothetical CF in this storm is raining.

Best bet for a widespread hit is to get something that starts off as snow over interior and then as the storm bombs over or east of a place like ACK, it flips the CP to paste and they get croaked.

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Gonna need to see some larger changes IMHO to get a widespread hit like a Feb '13....the synoptics are pretty ugly for the CP, whereas in Feb '13 they weren't. That's why that storm had like 18" of paste east of the CF and 30" west. Anyone to the east of a hypothetical CF in this storm is raining.

Best bet for a widespread hit is to get something that starts off as snow over interior and then as the storm bombs over or east of a place like ACK, it flips the CP to paste and they get croaked.

That works. I’m not looking for a jack. Just bring the meat into the region. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Couple ways to look at it because I have had well below average snowfall every season for a half decade, so you could argue my area is "due".....but right, weather doesn't care.

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

That’s a sweet h5 look. Icon tends to be weird on the surface panels but man that would send mid level goodies way west. 

I never get into that model very deep other then just looking at the surface on occasion, I generally don't even look at it at all but this one has peaked my interest unlike Saturday's.