Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

I wouldn't be sweating what the GFS has at this lead, I'm not totally sold that its replaced the Euro as some may think it has.

This is certainly the type of storm potential where going crazy over model run-to-model run is not worth it. These setups which are highly dependent on phasing are extremely fickle. The only two features which really matter now are the handling of the pieces of energy involved. Just because some successive runs at this stage don't show a storm doesn't mean it's a trend and just b/c successive runs show a storm doesn't mean a storm. 

I am much more concerned about ptype in this system than a whiff....GFS is classic SE on these partial phase scenarios. Notice how all other guidance continues to slowly amp up (sans the Euro which was so zonked yesterday, it has come a little SE)

• Like 4

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

I am much more concerned about ptype in this system than a whiff....GFS is classic SE on these partial phase scenarios. Notice how all other guidance continues to slowly amp up (sans the Euro which was so zonked yesterday, it has come a little SE)

Yep.

We would both sign for GEM.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

At least we'll have a cold llvl airmass with respect to climo. You just hope that we can minimize diurnal warmth as much as possible. Coastal locations will be quite the challenge obviously. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

At least we'll have a cold llvl airmass with respect to climo. You just hope that we can minimize diurnal warmth as much as possible. Coastal locations will be quite the challenge obviously. 

It was 64.6 degrees as 1:32 pm on March 28th up on the Wx Lab monitor at UML, 1997

3 days later, there was a 18" of blue glory ...with 30" across Metro west of Boston

• Like 2

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

No good high to hold in the airmass....which is ok...I wouldn't call it all that cold., but good enough. On the GGEM, the 925 temps start off around -4C to -5C over SNE....during the CCB, they have warmed to -2C or so...and it's definitely not an inverted airmass where the low levels are much colder than aloft.