Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

5 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

its "positive" though so its the max accumulation, not current snow depth. If you go back in time it looks the same

ecmwf-deterministic-neng-snow_depth_chg_inch-8860000.thumb.png.f0fb5c59cd64a7496a16bcf644ae7d22.png

Has anyone ever verified these depth change maps? I know they were an abject failure Jan 22 when people were pimping them. No way that is right in ORH County. Hard sell with that Euro prog.

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Has anyone ever verified these depth change maps? I know they were an abject failure Jan 22 when people were pimping them. No way that is right in ORH County. Hard sell with that Euro prog.

during that cold blizzard? Jan 28-29? I wouldn't use them for that kind of system

i think it highlights the lower elevations and coastal areas that would struggle more than the hills but wouldnt take it face value

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

I hope doesn't turn out to be one of those situations where 10-20 miles and a few hundred feet up means the difference between 12 and 1... would be the ultimate 22/23 kick in the nuts for us death valley and/or coastal dwellers

I just want a good storm. If I can get 6" of paste with 50kt winds and take a few down....I'll be happy. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

I hope doesn't turn out to be one of those situations where 10-20 miles and a few hundred feet up means the difference between 12 and 1... would be the ultimate 22/23 kick in the nuts for us death valley and/or coastal dwellers

I'm just happy there's something to track at this piont. Let's hope we're still tracking come the weekend.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

there is a pretty ridiculous amount of members that completely stall and loop sub-980 lows here. it's very impressive

like there are 10-15 or so that straight up stall over or S of ACK. it's wild

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-ne-mslp_multimember_panel_ecmwf_b-1678276800-1678708800-1678881600-40.thumb.gif.f2f9c5112bc2e92dc322c911e3d2f420.gifecmwf-ensemble-avg-ne-mslp_multimember_panel_ecmwf_a-1678276800-1678708800-1678881600-40.thumb.gif.3328414a5351f75f87783579f7985294.gif

The vast majority of the ens members are south and east of the op... The op would clearly seem to be an outlier at this time...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FXWX said:

The vast majority of the ens members are south and east of the op... The op would clearly seem to be an outlier at this time...

Here's a snapshot of 144h....this is when the storm on the OP was over Block Island. There seems to be a cluster near where the OP was...maybe just south of the OP....then another cluster near the outer Cape/ACK...then a lot of Buckshot outside of that

image.png.9373d0596ffd8012a0f3ab9fe9d10953.png

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

My gut still says stall/loop east of cape.

So you're basically leaning MECS/HECS for a large chunk of the forum....bold call at D5, though it's certainly within the envelope of solutions. I wish there was some decent high pressure to the north though.

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Here's a snapshot of 144h....this is when the storm on the OP was over Block Island. There seems to be a cluster near where the OP was...maybe just south of the OP....then another cluster near the outer Cape/ACK...then a lot of Buckshot outside of that

image.png.9373d0596ffd8012a0f3ab9fe9d10953.png

Yep... The number of members in the buckshot southeast of the Cape is likely the case of the mean being pulled south and east...  Hope to see some narrowing of the goal posts soon; maybe as soon as 0z tonight. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Narcan prob a little too stingy over interior (except maybe N ORH county)....blend it with the 10 to 1.

Yea....none of these products are meant to be substituted for a forecast...hence "rip n' read"...they are "guidance". Its incumbent upon the forecaster to draw upon foundational concepts of meteorology and a firm grasp of local climo to apply them properly.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1