Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

4 minutes ago, Modfan2 said:

April 97 redux?

Eh. That’s a sacred bar to jump over…it’s not impossible with this type of closed off low and stall…that makes a very high end storm plausible…but you obviously need everything to go right. If we’re seeing the stall/capture scenarios southeast of SNE in another 36 hours, then maybe it might be worth more seriously considering. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Eh. That’s a sacred bar to jump over…it’s not impossible with this type of closed off low and stall…that makes a very high end storm plausible…but you obviously need everything to go right. If we’re seeing the stall/capture scenarios southeast of SNE in another 36 hours, then maybe it might be worth more seriously considering. 

Snowfall distribution, currently, is not that far off. Orh sitting pretty, as always. 

1 minute ago, Heisy said:

By the way I liked the look of the 18z icon at the end of its range. The southern vort trended a little more progressive & main ULL had a little sharper dive look
8265f79d8c5a7af29e9f19f7d566773c.jpg

Yeah that’s actually a great look there. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Don’t even…you know he is lurking in the virtual bushes like a stalker just waiting for the one run, or set of runs, that whiff. 

He’s been very quiet today with the other guidance trending towards the Euro and the Euro doubling down.

30 minutes ago, Heisy said:

Yea for sure I would def take that as a positive this run.

I've been harping on the aspect of the GFS' progressive bias that cumulates out in time...  As it nears, it gradually reduces that incrementally as the time shortens - it really appears to me like we're seeing it doing something like this.  The first aspect it would tend to correct toward short wave lengths, where the more dominant N/stream has the larger integrating force/wave spacing.  

This next Tuesday's totality, by the way ( for the general reader) is actually more of subsume model phasing. 

People were trying to compare this to '97 but it would actually be more in the 1978 type of evolution, where the western ridge gives the N stream a nudge S.  Combined with the southern stream well times passing underneath lowers isohypsotic resistance ( height contours and shear related ) down she comes and fuses cold core heights with a ton of S stream pwat dynamics ... 

image.png.1591b3808b2d1abe9157177dd7902b10.png

Granted ... Tuesday's interplay is not nearly as elegant as this above - pretty much the immaculate example.  But.. the gist is still the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yea, I said earlier we need to get this to Friday

8 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Only 65 years left....I may be blind by 107, though 

Just have the great great grandkids wheel you out into the yard and put on a virtual simulator of 1888 that some one will have made by then, and ask the grandkids to buy a couple packs of ballpark franks and just toss them at you.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Just have the great great grandkids wheel you out into the yard and put on a virtual simulator of 1888 that some one will have made by then, and ask the grandkids to buy a couple packs of ballpark franks and just toss them at you.

Just wheel me out onto the yard with a few diapers and a laptop and leave me

• Like 1
  • Haha 1