Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

12z Thursday will be my getting interested or not interested runs.  Big storm potential, I'm more worried about missing South than rain in Greenfield.  But that's just stupid me.

For my own interests I want a strong low that brings heavy precip to New England not some garbage that runs out to sea and can’t phase . Been 2.5 months since a chase . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Probably more than upper moderate.  That is Ray's wet dream (white dream?).  

gfs-deterministic-massachusetts-snow_72hr-8892400.thumb.png.8f68a23293f61060f6eed17e435f30cf.png

I would be shocked if much more than a third … maybe 1/2 …of that happened given that solution the GFS. 

Goofball runs so far dunnite 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

12z Thursday will be my getting interested or not interested runs.  Big storm potential, I'm more worried about missing South than rain in Greenfield.  But that's just stupid me.

It's funny how that works.  There's always something about missing to the south that hits a note.  The concern is almost always south over rain up this way.

But like @STILL N OF PIKE, I just want a good New England storm.  Give me 3", a plowable snowfall, and bring the interest of keeping the masses involved.  These threads are already so much better because everyone still has hope.  Most of this season the event threads are dumpster fires... still time to get there though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Could go either way but the signs favor the interior. I’d feel pretty good up there. 

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Probably more than upper moderate.  That is Ray's wet dream (white dream?).  

gfs-deterministic-massachusetts-snow_72hr-8892400.thumb.png.8f68a23293f61060f6eed17e435f30cf.png

Baby #4 was just consumed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I would be shocked if much more than a third … maybe 1/2 …of that happened given that solution the GFS. 

Goofball runs so far dunnite 

Yeah, though most of these runs are injecting solid moisture profiles with up to 150% PWATs.  This time of year in March with onshore flow, many previous events have proven not to sleep on the QPF.  Thermals are another thing though.

*IF* the upper level features and low level low get in the right spot, I'd buy the QPF.

gfs-deterministic-neng-pwat_anom-8773600.thumb.png.f62499a4fe1cbe561830aaf644cda0f1.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

We’re still in the time range where OP runs are glorified ensemble members. But you can see the range of possibilities…Canadian shows what happens when it goes wrong. 

It does sort of give me pause, though that these models are not cutting through the morass yet…

Most “big dogs“ in history tend to show up early … showing some continuity. It’s like we kind of do and don’t thought it’s weird. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It does sort of give me pause, though that these models are not cutting through the morass yet…

Most “big dogs“ in history tend to show up early … showing some continuity. It’s like we kind of do and don’t thought it’s weird. 

Models are so much more sensitive and jumpy now, and so many more of them too than yrs back, I think sometimes this muddys the water more now, and it takes a lil longer to parse out the noise than before…but that’s just my take.