Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

12 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

With what the pro’s have alluded to, I don’t mind the SE members at this stage. 

yeah I'll take it, seems to me that there's a few more members out to sea that run, but majority of them seem to be tightening up just off the coast, other than a couple overhead members that is a good look

My bigger take away from these overnight various products ... in whole, we lack antecedent cold. 

Long version of what/why that tenderizes butts ...  Determining this thing's ultimate position in space would be better performed if the baroclinic gradient was not so week. 

You need that dense, cold medium abutted to a waif warm humid air mass. Example, the 'roids version of that is Dec 2005. The thermal packing between NJ and Cape Cod was extraordinary.   In this case?  not extraordinary. In fact, less than even ordinary.  It's the same thickness and synoptic parameters over BTV as it is over ACK upon the arrival of the mid level forcing(s).  The low in the model vision has no axis along which is compelled to position.

These aspect feed back on one another.  With a better defined baroclinic axis, that focuses a vortex centric UVM (upward vertical motion) in the lower altitude of the vortex medium, which causes height falls over that region, and then the phasing aloft that is concurrently happening snaps into place/collocates and whole thing goes synergistic ...and annuls are written.

But here, we have enough mid levels for history but that lacking of those crucial aspects beneath... the low is just physically not limited in hooking W ( Euro).  It's probably something like the 1888, not as a total analog ( no ), but that it may be over top warm intrusion. 

There is time to correct the antecedence colder...  Sometimes in these mid range spring systems, they will look this way in the mid ...ext ranges, with warm air wrapping around the top and the cold underneath, but then as the whole show gets closer in time ... sensitivity seems better and the model physics "detect" more BL (boundary layer) resistance ...  

It's tough, because these guidance' don't put out solutions that are impossible - that's not how this works.   No model is a model if they do that - they are the peregrinations of George01's imagination behind a torpid gaze out the window if they do... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

My bigger take away from these overnight various products ... in whole, we lack antecedent cold. 

Long version of what/why that tenderizes butts ...  Determining this thing's ultimate position in space would be better performed if the baroclinic gradient was not so week. 

You need that dense, cold medium abutted to a waif warm humid air mass. Example, the 'roids version of that is Dec 2005. The thermal packing between NJ and Cape Cod was extraordinary.   In this case?  not extraordinary. In fact, less than even ordinary.  It's the same thickness and synoptic parameters over BTV as it is over ACK upon the arrival of the mid level forcing(s).  The low in the model vision has no axis along which to is compelled to position.

These aspect feed back on one another.  With a better defined baroclinic axis, that focuses a vortex centric UVM in the lower altitude of the vortex medium, which causes height falls over that region, and then the phasing aloft that is concurrently happening snaps into place/collocates and whole thing goes synergistic ...and annuls are written.

But here, we have enough mid levels for history but that lacking of those crucial aspects beneath... the low is just physically not limited in hooking W ( Euro).  It's probably something like the 1888, not as a total analog ( no ), but that it may be over top warm intrusion. 

There is time to correct the antecedence colder...  Sometimes in these mid range spring systems, they will look this way with warm air wrapping around the top, and the cold underneath, but then as the whole show gets closer in time ... sensitivity seems better and the model physics "detect" more BL (boundary layer) resistance ...  

It's tough, because these guidance' don't put out solutions that are impossible - that's not how this works.   No model is a model if they do that - they are the peregrinations of George01's gaze out the window if they do... 

Yeah this is related to the discussion I had yesterday on why Feb 2013 was so prolific and also didn't have a lot of violent model swings once the non-Euro guidance caught onto it....it had a fairly fresh polar high to the north (I wouldn't call it arctic, but solid polar airmass) and this provided some real resistance to any potential westward moves in addition to obviously locking in the BL cold. The high providing resistance also increased the ML fronto in that storm which helps make it more prolific in snow totals.

That not being present in this system means we're hoping for the ideal track. Like you said, I'm hoping as we get closer, maybe we see a little bit more resistance...it's not going to look like a Feb 2013 high, but even marginally more resistance goes a long way in areas that are progged to be marginal in this. Even a psuedo-decaying high sliding east of Houlton ME would be a little bit useful.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

You need that dense, cold medium abutted to a waif warm humid air mass. Example, the 'roids version of that is Dec 2005. The thermal packing between NJ and Cape Cod was extraordinary.   In this case?  not extraordinary. In fact, less than even ordinary.  It's the same thickness and synoptic parameters over BTV as it is over ACK upon the arrival of the mid level forcing(s).  The low in the model vision has no axis along which is compelled to position.

These aspect feed back on one another.  With a better defined baroclinic axis, that focuses a vortex centric UVM in the lower altitude of the vortex medium, which causes height falls over that region, and then the phasing aloft that is concurrently happening snaps into place/collocates and whole thing goes synergistic ...and annuls are written.

There is time to correct the antecedence colder...  Sometimes in these mid range spring systems, they will look this way in the mid ...ext ranges, with warm air wrapping around the top and the cold underneath, but then as the whole show gets closer in time ... sensitivity seems better and the model physics "detect" more BL (boundary layer) resistance ...  

It's tough, because these guidance' don't put out solutions that are impossible - that's not how this works.   No model is a model if they do that - they are the peregrinations of George01's imagination behind a torpid gaze out the window if they do... 

Matt Noyes mentioned the same this morning..

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah this is related to the discussion I had yesterday on why Feb 2013 was so prolific and also didn't have a lot of violent model swings once the non-Euro guidance caught onto it....it had a fairly fresh polar high to the north (I wouldn't call it arctic, but solid polar airmass) and this provided some real resistance to any potential westward moves in addition to obviously locking in the BL cold. The high providing resistance also increased the ML fronto in that storm which helps make it more prolific in snow totals.

That not being present in this system means we're hoping for the ideal track. Like you said, I'm hoping as we get closer, maybe we see a little bit more resistance...it's not going to look like a Feb 2013 high, but even marginally more resistance goes a long way in areas that are progged to be marginal in this. Even a psuedo-decaying high sliding east of Houlton ME would be a little bit useful.

Ha... no idea that conversation happened..   (little too much traffic in here to keep track I guess -)

Right, in addition to forcing low position ...it then focus those other goodies aloft too.  I was being more broadly conceptual but yup

11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Ha... no idea that conversation happened..   (little too much traffic in here to keep track I guess -)

Right, in addition to forcing low position ...it then focus those other goodies aloft too.  I was being more broadly conceptual but yup

Any takes on analogs to this situation? Kind of gives me December '96 vibes....2nd  installment.